“Cool Place”

Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel. Friendly staff, nice neighborhood, overall a cool fun place, wish we had more time to spend there. Lobby was really big and nicely laid out. Big pool, with plenty of seating around. Good sized bar.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Maya B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Brian K, Thank you for your awesome review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to experience our pool and bar! We're looking forward to your return when you have more time to experience everything the hotel, and city has to offer!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This is not your typical Sheraton hotel. It's only 4 stories tall but there's a lot packed in. The lobby is amazing and the place is extremely clean and seems very well kept. Housekeeping is great. Front desk staff is great. I visited the Taste restaurant late night for some decaf coffee and the bartender was super. The hotel is listed as a category 4 and it meets and exceeds the expectation. Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed: April 2014
Maya B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Wow, Jennrapp1, thank you for the awesome feedback! It makes us very happy to know our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. We can’t wait to have you back again!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

The property was recently remodeled and is head and shoulders above what it was a few years ago. Everything is brand new and the rooms remind me of the decor in W. I would definitely return. Request a room on the club floor which as free limited drinks and breakfast in the am.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback Renee C. We are glad you enjoyed our renovations as much as we do! The club floor will be waiting for you upon your return!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We traveled with two teenagers and found getting to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall was very easy. Many restaurants and bars are also close by. The room was larger than I expected and the bathroom was very nice. The pool area was VERY warm since the pool is on the top floor and has a glass roof. The fitness center was larger than most (2 rooms) and very well equipped. The hotel was remodeled well and the elevators were efficient. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The layout of the room location can be confusing so do not be afraid to ask. We had a room overlooking the entrance and I was happily surprised at how quiet the room was in the morning and at night. I would recommend this hotel although we had a good rate since we were with a group so we were happy with the value. The complimentary soft pretzels, cookies, and lemonade as snacks in the lobby in the afternoon was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Redwings88, We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us! We strive to give our guests the best possible experience and what better way than a complimentary midday snack in our lobby after a busy day of touring historic Philadelphia?! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to stay at his hotel for over 10 years, and my husband has been an old customer for the last 20+ years, because his father lives close by. In the past we never experienced the club lounge, but this time American Express Travel agent put us there for $289/night, advertising their club lounge and usage. It was a completely false advertisement. I went in there about 5 times in the 3-day weekend and none of the time there was any service. There were tea bags and coffee cups but no hot water or any coffee available. There were these glass door refrigerators lining up on the wall with juices and drinks but you cannot access any of them unless you go between breakfast or dinner time, and it closes promptly before 10:30am EST. If you miss that window, and there was no way to get a cup of tea or coffee. Coming from the west coast, I didn't want to get up at 6:30am my time to get a "free" continental breakfast (even though I overpaid for the hotel room for that built-in cost), and when I went in there just after the breakfast was closed, there was this women policing me because I had taken more than one juice (to feed my kids not with me at the time, who had not had breakfast). She first told me she just refilled the juice so they were not cold, but then I found some chilled ones on the side (there were about 4 kinds of juices, so I picked 2 for kids and one for me). Then this women hassled me about taking more than one, and I explained that I woke up late and missed the breakfast, so I wanted to take these juice for my kids). Then she wouldn't get me go, keep arguing with me about taking the juice, treating me like I am a thief in front of other bystanders. She said she was following "the rules", even though there was no sign anywhere that says people can only take one bottle of juice. Then I went to get some coffee, and there is no coffee. I was already irritated, and then she followed me around and telling me I cannot take more than one bottle of water too, and she point at my plastic bag like I stole something. I was furious and showed her my bag with my own food. I requested to talk to a manager, then she said she was the manager. Then I asked for her name, she would not say her name. Then she called someone on the phone complaining about me, then I asked to talk to the person on the phone. I spent a few minutes explaining my whole family is waiting for me in the car, and we were taking the kids to the zoo, while missing breakfast I just wanted to get some juice, then this person asked for my name, and said she would sent someone from "restaurant service" to help me. Finally I was completely in awe of the awful treatment of customers and I left with one bottle of water. No one ever followed up with me after I came back. This is the kind of culture you run into. There was another service person in Yeh lounge, who gave me a cup of coffee from the storage, when her "manager with no name tag" was arguing with me, who was so scared of this woman that she couldn't tell me the person's name. Other staff were gracious in the reception, room service, valet, bellman, etc. But this women whom I still don't know the name of, would be the cause of my last visit to this hotel, even though it is the closest hotel to my family in town. I promise they will never get a dime from me again. For $300/night you can get in to the first rate hotel in town, with water and coffee constantly available, the courtesy of service. This was just an awful example of how a self-important employee would cost the business a perfectly good customer, and its reputation in my mind.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank clm777888
Maya B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Clm777888, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. This type of behavior is not typical of our staff or property. Our guests are our number one priority and amenities such as the club lounge are in place to enhance your stay. Again, I am very sorry that this was not the case for you. We hope you decide to give us the opportunity to improve on these issues during your next trip to Philadelphia.

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel. Very clean and friendly. Great club level room and club level food area. I had a great night there and took my colleagues to amada and buddakan on chestnut street. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for business or pleasure travel.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

DkcPilot, thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and you were able to utilize our club lounge amenities. Amada and Buddakan are two of our favorites too – especially because they’re just a few steps away. Be sure to stop by our concierge the next time you are in town, we’d love to share a few more nearby restaurant favorites with you!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great locations for walking around historic parts of Philly as well as plenty of good restaurants. I would describe the condition of the property as nice, and well taken care of....nothing fancy or glitzy. You should stay here if you're looking for a convenient place to walk around the city. I've stayed in plenty of Sheraton's and this is in line with their standard type property.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jdp3

Jdp3, we’re happy to hear our property allowed you easy access to many of the wonderful things Philadelphia has to offer! We’re also glad we met your Sheraton brand expectations and provided an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!