Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
$179
$166
Agoda.com
1,045 results
All reviewsold citygreat locationclub roomsouth streetpenn's landingcity tavernnice hotelhistorical sitesindependence hallwalking distanceliberty bellhistoric districtvalet parkingindoor poolstarbucks coffeebeautiful lobbythird floor
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The SSH is an old hotel, completely renovated (but the ventilation system), very well located in the Historic District of Philly, minutes away from all attractions.

The day of my arrival, I arrived late night, and after my check in and upstairs to my assignated room I had to ask the Recepctionist to change me because a terrible noise the AA equipment made. While in my second room, I discovered when I was settling down, that everything was full covered with dust, as seemed that no one had cleaned the room for days. Got to clean all the furniture, the mirrows, the coffe machine, the lamps (one of them didn't work out properly, got someon of Maintenance coming at midnite to fix it), the nite tables, etc. But I was kindly treated by all the staff involved and granted with free full breakfast for the inconveniences. The Housekeeper took note of all my comments when I asked for her the next day. She was very kind and responsive.
I would definetely recommend this hotel, I felt very comfortable in it.

Room Tip: All rooms have an old AA equipment. Just ask to the receptionist to change your room, if the one in your assignated room makes too much noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Natalia G
Maya B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for your helpful feedback. I am very sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, but glad our staff was able to quickly resolve the issue and compensate you for the trouble. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was quiet, clean and the hotel was located walking distance to many the historical sights. Great staff from the front desk thru the chambermaids.
Sheraton usually provides value and quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bill s

BilL S, thank you for such positive feedback. We love to hear guests share their wonderful stay experiences with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

There are some things about this property that are fantastic and some things that aren't so good!

Great location, good amenities (computers, starbucks, restaurant, gym, pool). The front desk staff, concierge are really friendly and helpful.

It's a large property - and I had to wait a while to get my bags which was stored during the day causing me to push the boundary of almost missing my flight! This was a real turn off - especially considering that one of the young valet park boys showed no interest in helping me. The bellman must have been on a break or otherwise occupied. I have to note though that once I got the attention of the front desk clerk - she sought help for me right away. The lady who came from the back office, however, looked miserable as hell!

My room was a bit dated, water dripped down the counter from the faucet! It was a big room - but awkwardly laid out. Comfy bed though.

Overall, okay, but I staying at the hotel again would not be an automatic choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RoamingGibsons
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here multiple times, incl for my wedding, and again, tonight, for my anniv. Complimentary wine and cheese platter, friendly staff, decor is very nice since the remodel, and the corner on which it sits is quaint and quiet. Big fan! Stay here

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bkdadskier
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was my second hotel in Philadelphia in one week, and they couldn't have been more different! This hotel made me feel welcome, the rooms were quiet, clean and incredibly comfortable. Every staff member made an effort to make my visit a joyfilled experience, and they were very successful i would recommend this hotel to anyone who visits this city.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brenda M
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome experience with us Brenda M. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms and other hotel amenities. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!