New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #31 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
delray beach
“Great night of sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in late March 2013. Great property. Room was very comfortable and surprisingly well decorated given the nice price paid. Bedding was awesome. Staff at the bar at "Taste" were attentive and very friendly. Good location- very short walk to many, many bars, restaurants, and historic attractions.

• 4 of 5 stars
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear delrayUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill. We are pleased you had a fabulous stay and are happy you enjoyed your time with us. We will look for you in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Bay Saint Lawrence, Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here during the end of wedding season and the staff was exasperated but they did their best to make sure we were happy. The food at the restaurant was horrible, but luckily there were plenty of great places to eat nearby. The room was quite large, but not that quiet: we could hear the people next door. The pool was okay. No mini-fridge in the room, which was was sad. Luckily the ice was free, so I was able to fill the sink up and keep my extra cheese-steaks cool overnight. All and all an average hotel, but the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. It is in a perfect location and is in walking distance to several museums and attractions: also, I'm told the hotel is on the only curving street Philadelphia, Dock Street, which is cool in itself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear CaptainRayFraser,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologizes for all of the little inconveniences you had experienced during your most recent stay with us and understand that all of these problems can lead to an overall mediocre stay. We thank you for mentioning the service our staff provided was exceptional. We hope you return to the Sheraton Philadelphia in the new future so that we may have another chance to make your stay better than the last.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Overall this is a nice hotel with an attractive lobby and a really nice four-season pool on the 4th floor. The hotel restaurant/bar, called Taste, was nice. However I did have trouble with my first room, 4048. The TV didn't work, even after several attempts by maintenance to fix it, and the heat made a very loud noise when it switched on and off. The room was small and oddly shaped. I ultimately switched to another room on the second day and had no problems. Staff were helpful; Morris the concierge made great restaurant recommendations and was even able to secure us a large table on a busy Saturday.

Dear CB5598,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that our staff was able to assist you with the unforeseeable situations that occurred during your stay. We have taken note of these inconveniences and have communicated with our Rooms and Engineering Departments. We apologize once again and hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a very pleasant stay during a conference hosted at the Sheraton Society Hill. Rooms and common areas appeared to be recently renovated. My room was very clean and well kept. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room quite. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

1 Thank BamaBert
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Bamabert,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill. We are pleased you had a relaxing and comfortable stay, and we thank you for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff. We hope the next time you are in Philadelphia, whether for business or leisure, you choose to stay with us again.
Northport, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Classy, good food, kid friendly, walking distance to food/fun. Indoor pool was fun, seemed a little salty, but no one else seemed to mind! Parking was expensive ($35), as was room service fee (22% service fee). We got the family package with the free movie, which was great-just make sure you tell them at check out otherwise its $16 for a movie. We got the city pass for day 2 and the bus picked us up right behind the hotel. If you have the money, it was perfect!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear jtumsuden

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize we did not communicate the parking rates prior to your arrival. We are happy to learn you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope you return soon to enjoy all Philadelphia has to offer, especially in the spring months. So many family activities.
Boyertown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for jury duty.
I called around 7 PM at night to reserve a room & checked in at around 9:30 PM.
Very easy to find on website directions. Upon pulling up to hotel, was met by valet before I was even out of my car. Also offered to help with bag, but I only had a travel bag.
Entered hotel, was met by a friendly person behind the desk who had my info. Check in was quick & effecient. Room was on the 4th floor with view of Penn's Landing. Room overall was clean, with the exception of the carpet looking to have some dirt & a 3 inch black mark on the curtin (looked like a cigarette mark, even though a non smoking room w/ no odor ?)
A very comfortable large king size poster bed with several soft pillows. Large flat sceen TV. Robe in closet (A little body static) Nice clean bathroom w/ hairdryer. Single cup coffe maker.
The minor issue that I encountered was that there was no infomation book in the room.
I wanted to get some ice because there was no ref in room. I had no way to find out where to go. I was walking the halls with the ice bucket, never having to find the machine.
I did however find the pool. It looked nice. I would have liked to use the hot tube but I arrived late & the hours on the door showed that it closed at 10 PM. I wish that I knew that before hand. (I know that I could have called the front desk, but it was late & I wasn't going to be up too late due to an early rize.)The lobby atrium looked very nice. Sorry that I hadn't had time to enjoy breakfast there.
Located by the Ritz movie theater & historical attractions. The Sheraton held my bag for me after checkout for jury duty. Upon returning after early dismissal. Had no problem retriving my car with valet or bag with baggage claim.
Overall a very enjoyable stay with VERY friendly & helpful staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear BoyertownMusik,

Thank you for the lovely review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill. We apologize for the confusion of our ice machine and are working to effectively communicate to our guest the ice machine location. We hope next time you are in Philadelphia you choose to stay with us to get the full experience of our hotel.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

One of the nicest staff's in the country! As someone who has over 150 nights a year, I think I qualify to make that statement. From valet staff to club room staff, all are very helpful, courteous and freindly. Changes and upgrades of the hotel are also very nice

Dear Stevecec,

Thank you for boasting about our hotel on our behalf. We are thrilled with your experience and we are happy to learn our staff delivers service that you are entitled too. We wish you to stay with us more often and would like to assist you with whatever your needs are when you stay with us. We look forward to your future stay.