I had been staying at this hotel for about 10 yrs but had not stayed for the past two years until last week. It was great to find that not much has changed in terms of quality service and comfortable rooms. They have remodeled the lobby and bar since I was last there and it looks great.
Speaking of service, now remember I haven't been there in two years, but when I went down the first morning for my early morning smoke the night valet greeted me with a big hello and a hug. Anthony has been there for years and he remembered me. May not mean alot to some folks but for someone that travels frequently, it is quite nice to be remembered. Another person who has been there for many years is Anthony the bartender. Not sure if it is a requirement to be named "Anthony" to work there but the high quality of service provided by these two gentlemen, I would want to be called Anthony as well! Anthony the bar manager remembered my name and what I drank the entire week and provided quick and friendly service. Management must do something right to retain such quality folks.
In terms of the rooms the ones to ask for are the rooms on the corners. They are a bit larger and have multiple windows and decent views. The rooms to stear away from are the interior rooms that look down into atrium. I have stayed in these rooms once and felt very closed in. I overheard that they had recently replaced all the beds which are quite comfortable and the pillows are awesome. The only concern with the rooms is that the bathrooms are quite small.
The hotel is in close proximity to many good bars and restaurants. They are close enough to walk to and a wide variety of cuisines and price options. Also, if you are a Starbucks fan as I am, there is one in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the nation's most historic neighborhood, Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel is the perfect setting for a memorable visit. Our hotel is tucked within the Old City district of Philadelphia - home to world-class attractions such as Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell, The National Constitution Center, and Penn’s Landing. Well-appointed guest rooms offer everything you need to relax and refresh during your stay, including our Sheraton Signature Beds. Join us at Taste for creative American cuisine, and spend time discovering Philadelphia - our unbeatable Old City hotel location places your near historic landmarks, as well as local sports stadiums and great year-round events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Society Hill Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Sheraton