Our stay was just after Xmas for 6 nights. Large impersonal, city hotel but ideal if one is in Philly for a purpose as we were - a wedding! It is probably in the best part of the city as Society Hills is part of William Penn's historic city with Independence Hall, Liberty Bell etc. all a reasonable walk away. The main museums are further but to save on taxis use a number 38 bus from Chestnut / 5th Street. For only $2 this will take you to Benjamin Franklin Boulevard where all the great galleries are situated.
As in all American hotels the rooms were large and the beds even larger! No kettle in rooms just a Starbucks machine for real coffee which was excellent but spoilt by the provision of paper cups! No milk provided of course just a chemical whitener.
On the plus side, a decently sized swimming pool, oddly situated on the top floor so the glass roof let in lots of natural light. I used it regularly and each time, before breakfast, I had it to myself. Fitness suite is nearby.
On the negative side, breakfast is overpriced particularly by American standards; go to a diner instead. The bar is also too expensive again by local standards but it does stock a decent range of local "crafted" beers, all excellent.
The windows are sealed which is fine as the AC is very efficient but oh why so noisy? Probably the same in all rooms.
Staff were chatty and attentive but not always very knowledgeable.
When in Philly dont miss the Rodin Museum and the Barnes collection, the later requires advance booking so popular is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the nation's most historic neighborhood, Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel is the perfect setting for a memorable visit. Our hotel is tucked within the Old City district of Philadelphia - home to world-class attractions such as Independence Hall, The Liberty Bell, The National Constitution Center, and Penn’s Landing. Well-appointed guest rooms offer everything you need to relax and refresh during your stay, including our Sheraton Signature Beds. Join us at Taste for creative American cuisine, and spend time discovering Philadelphia - our unbeatable Old City hotel location places your near historic landmarks, as well as local sports stadiums and great year-round events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Society Hill Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Sheraton