Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$222
$199
$197
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$292
$234
$208
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$235
$219
Doubletree.com
1,037 results
All reviewsold citygreat locationclub roomsouth streetpenn's landingcity tavernnice hotelhistorical sitesindependence hallwalking distanceliberty bellhistoric districtvalet parkingindoor poolstarbucks coffeebeautiful lobbythird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

No fridge, no mini bar, no shower cap among other small missing things. No free Wifi, not even in the lobby. Some basics you even get on smaller and cheaper hotels were missing. No free Wifi. Other than that, it was a comfortable place to stay if you are willing to pay a high price for an average service.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would like to inform that we do have free WiFi in the lobby, refrigerators upon request and we do have shower caps available. We apologize this was not communicated to you clearly and hope the next time you come to Philadelphia you choose to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill and we will make it a memorable experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I felt compelled to write this review since I read a few reviews before we booked this hotel and my friend was a bit apprehensive. Apparently, someone had stayed here in the past and had experienced bedbugs. As a former investor in a 640 hotel in LA, I tried to educate my friend that bedbugs can appear in the most expensive hotels as well as the dirtiest hotels. The problem is the traveler; especially foreign travelers with less than perfect hygiene practices. We rented two rooms for the week and both rooms were in excellent condition. The hotel was recently renovated and it showed beautifully. We both were so impressed with the staff. You see, we had made our reservations on Priceline and had to combine multiple reservations for the 7 day stay. The front desk was extremely patient in working out adjoining rooms and accommodating our requests. The bell staff was more than helpful and the maids were gracious and also very accommodating. Ignore the one isolated case of bedbugs since I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We greatly appreciate your amazing feedback and are pleased that you had a most enjoyable stay. We are very proud of our staff and we are so glad they made you feel comfortable and relaxed. We hope the next time you are in Philadelphia you choose to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Check in for this hotel was fast but clerk did not want to give any upgrade options. I had a deal through the hotel that included parking (a $38 value apparently) but since I decided against renting a car I asked if I could put the value against upgrading to a club room. I was rudely shot down before I could even state I would pay the difference or ask if I could just upgrade. Reviewed an confirmation email that I had received in I booked the hotel stating I could have upgraded to club for $50. Oh well, saved me from giving the hotel any additional money.

Other that that the hotel was fine. The room was clean, decor nice. Pool was small but that was to be expected for the location. Hotel lose to the dock but farther away from the majority of historical sites that I planned to visit. Within walking distance but after doing the walk to sites, walking around the sites, and dining I really wish I chose the Omni Hotel, since it was much closer to attractions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyHaunts

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the experience you had and will address the appropriate department. Thank you

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and had two rooms. Both were nice and up to the Starwood expectation. The location is great and within walking distance to the sights. I liked that the location was not on a busy street and a bit quieter than some of the other hotels we looked at. The one thing that topped it off was the pool. Our kids loved the pool - they say it was their favorite thing about Philadelphia.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
SheratonSocietyHill, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us on your recent stay. We sincerely appreciate it and so happy that you, along with your family enjoyed the hotel, accommodations and amenities. We receive many great comments on our pool and we are glad that our families can enjoy the experience and create memories ! We look forward to your return visit to The Sheraton Society Hill Hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My sisters and I stayed here 2 nights for a girl's weekend. Our room was comfortable and clean with plush bedding. There was no in-room refrigerator which was somewhat of a surprise. Also, the bathroom was a bit on the small side. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. There is a nicely decorated enormous lobby that includes a gift shop and restaurant. The biggest complaint about this hotel is the noise level. The hallways were incredibly noisy at all hours of the night. We had to ask people to quiet down at 2:30 in the morning our first night there. Judging from other reviews I can see this is an ongoing problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lynchmom

Thank you for taking the time to review us on our recent stay. We appreciate it and glad that you enjoy the hotel. We apologize for the noise you experience and please know that we appreciate the feedback. The hotel has refrigerators upon request through our Guest Services and please know upon your next return, please request one for your use. We want to ensure our guests have the comforts of home while traveling. Thank you !