“Excellent Location, Excellent for Children”

Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel
Ranked #33 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently traveled to Philadelphia (for the fourth) with our grandson and stayed at the Sheraton Society Hill. The location was excellent, especially for viewing the fireworks on Saturday night (launched from a barge in the middle of the Delaware) and other events at Penn's Landing. The Seaport Museum is also right there. We ate at the themed City Tavern right across the street, on the site of the tavern frequented by the signers of the Declaration and the Constitution. (The name of the tavern may be slightly off.)

It is a short walk from the hotel to the various national treasures of Philadelphia, including Independance Hall and the Liberty Bell.

The hotel has a lovely swimming pool--but beware, under the glass roof on a hot day, it is unpleasantly hot. At other times, it is a pleasant respite for children tired from too much sight-seeing.

The concierge lounge is pleasant although I have certainly seen many better breakfast offerings. That is more than offset by the evening appetizer offerings and the accompanying complimentary beverages which include both wine and beer.

On the whole, this is my first choice of hotels for this area. I would especially return if I were in the area with children.

Room Tip: Facing the river or at least the Seaport Museum to the side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Texastravveler
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoy the time you spent with us. We thank you for taking the time to review us as well. We appreciate your future stays with us, to share we are perfect for couples as well as families.

Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Attended conference and enjoyed stay. Great location, good food all around and within. World's noisiest air conditioning in my second floor room though.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Society Hill. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We hope the next time you are in Philadelphia you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay at the Sheraton Society Hill this weekend. I chose this hotel, because it was close to where I needed to be (Penn's Landing about a 10 minute walk). The hotel is very clean, the room was modern, the beds were comfy, the room was well decorated, and the staff was also pleasant. There is also a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee in the room as well as a Starbucks in the lobby. A fridge was not available in my room.

I called the service desk, because the remote control to the TV was missing and a replacement arrived within 10 minutes. I was thankful that the employee waited to verify that the remote was working BEFORE leaving!

This hotel is also within a fairly short walking distance of other attractions such as the Liberty Bell, shops, and restaurants. I will definitely stay here again if I stay in Philly overnight.

Room Tip: If you can buy a package that includes overnight parking. I saved a few dollars on parking this way.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bmoresfinest124
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We are glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay.Tthank you for all the positive remarks on our staff. We enjoy hearing feedback from our guest about our staff. We hope the next time you are in Philadelphia you choose to stay with us again. Thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our family had two rooms for two nights in June. Our rooms weren't ready when we arrived, but employees were very apologetic and gave us suggestions for a late lunch. Rooms were ready soon after, and they were small, but comfortable. They even threw in snacks and a free movie for the inconvenience of having to wait. This hotel is a short walk to historic sights and transportation to just about everywhere else. The purple Pflash (a bus that makes a continuous loop at most prominent Philly locations) is available at 3rd and Market a few blocks away as is the Metro which we took to a Philly's game. The hotel indoor pool and spa are large and the skylights make it very nice. The club level breakfast was well stocked. Everyone at the hotel was very nice. I would definitely recommend for anyone visiting Philly and wanting to stay near the historic district.

1  Thank Jilld3
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We greatly appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to write about us. We are thrilled to learn you had and your family were well taken care of by our staff and we welcome your honest feedback. We hope the next time you are in Philadelphia you and your family choose to stay with us. Thank you

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The large double room easily accommodated 2 rollaways, making it possible to fit our group of 6 in one room, a la slumber party. They thought ahead and provided plenty of toiletries, towels and pillows.

The location can't be beat. I don't like to pay for parking but in the city where Parking Wars is filmed, $42 for our SUV was not too much to pay. We could walk to the waterfront, the busy happenin' streets nearby with restaurants, bars and ice cream and the Big Bus stopped a block away if we wanted to tour the city. The concierge was VERY helpful and got the Big Bus to send their trolley to pick us up.

DISCLOSURE: I publish TravelingMom.com and was comped this room as part of a press trip. THe review of the room and hotel is my own and cannot be bought.

Room Tip: GEt a Visit Philly Pass to save money on tourist attraction entry fees. We used ours for the Big Bus...
2  Thank travelingmomcom
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I went to Philadelphia for a wedding--and we all stayed at this wonderful hotel--within easy walking distance of Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell--and some fabulous (and not very expensive) restaurants. I hadn't been to "Philly" in years--and it has changed for the better. The city--and this very modern hotel (with comfortable and quiet rooms) is both user friendly and family friendly. The staff at the hotel is very helpful--with directions, suggestions and plenty of ideas of what to do with 'the kids.' Another nice feature is the indoor pool--which is delightful after a day of living in history.

Room Tip: If you like a quick continetal breakfast & snacks during the day, the Club Room option is very n...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jcmaloney
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Society Hill. We greatly appreciate all of the kind words and are pleased to see that you, along with your family enjoyed the hotel. We enjoy hearing feedback from our guests, especially on our wonderful staff and newly renovated hotel.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I must say that my stay was very enjoyable. the location was very close to a lot of restaurants and land marks of the city of Philadelphia. The rooms which I was told were renovated were amazing and comfortable. The hotel is very well kept and has a lot of in house facilities for guests to enjoy.

All of the staff was very helpful with all of our requests from the bell man to the house keeping staff. The young man Nelson Taveras recommended a great Italian restaurant that my family loved and was in asking distance of the hotel which was great.

Great hotel, Great location and Great Staff made for a great weekend getaway for myself and my family.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Philadelphia and be sure to recommend this hotel to friends visiting the city.

1  Thank RiceQueen13
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Society Hill. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review us and we truly enjoy all of the nice comments. We take pride in our staff and we benefit from their service. We look forward to the next time you visit Philadelphia and stay with us