“Couldn't be better!”
Review of Penn's View Hotel

Penn's View Hotel
Ranked #11 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

What a gem! The location to the historic areas was wonderful! The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant's food was exquisite Northern Italian.
Best of all, the staff made us feel welcome and important.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

In the best location, this hotel makes for a cozy beautiful place. Super clean, I literally kept slipping on the shiny wood floor, the bed was cozy and I had a small balcony for fresh air.

Their breakfast was delicious and the staff was super friendly. I'll definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 12, 2014

When we arrived for a family weekend celebration, the room was not ready, but it was not a problem to come back later. The room was very clean, plenty of towels for the three of us. The location is great walking distance to so many activities. AND continental breakfast was included. Parking was $23/day with in-and-out service. When I checked out, I inadvertently left my phone and charging cord in the room. On the way to the airport, when I realize my error ... I panicked and then called the hotel. After a short conversation, they put it in a cab and I met the driver outside my departure stop. They made it sooo easy for me to get my phone back in 30 minutes. Ahhhhh!

Room Tip: 5th floor has individual patio to sit outside.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcy S
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Each year, my husband and I attend a sporting event in the Philadelphia area. Although we enjoy the event, the highlight of our trip is getting to spend time at our favorite hotel, The Penn's View Inn.
As soon as you walk through the front door, you are made to feel welcome. I cannot say enough about the graciousness of the staff at the Penn's view. Thomas, the front desk representative always greets guests with a welcoming smile. Mr. Antonio Conrado, the Reservations and Front Office Manager, makes every guest feel special. Antonio has a wealth of knowledge about the city and will be able to answer any questions you may have. He is charming and will stop at nothing to make your stay comfortable and unforgettable.
Now, about the accommodations. Every room we've stayed in has been lovely, however, we were celebrating a special anniversary so we booked room 510, the Queen Patio. This room was absolutely beautiful. It had a fireplace, a spa shower and a patio that had gorgeous views of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge and the Delaware River. The view at night was breathtaking! We didn't want to leave. I would highly recommend this room if you want to experience the true beauty of this great city or if you are celelbrating a special occasion.
Be sure to visit Ristorante Panorama. The bar has a been recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine as having one of the finest wine collections in the country. We have always enjoyed every meal we've had in the restaurant. The new $35.00 prix fixe menu makes this fine cuisine very affordable.
The hotel offers a delicious continental breakast every morning - everything from fresh fruit to pancakes. Carol, who helped serve in the breakfast room, was very attentive and made sure that everyone was pleased with their breakfast choices.
We look forward to returning to the Penn's View very soon. It truly is a gem

Room Tip: The View on the 5th floor is extraordinary and very romantic.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYC2169
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel is well-kept, the location is convenient to tourist buses, the staff are friendly and helpful, dinner in the restaurant was very good, the wine selection with their tap system was great, but don't stay in room 200 until they replace the mattress. We should have switched rooms, but I was beat. The mattress is like a hammock.

Even if the mattress gets replaced, room 200 is right above the lobby and the bed is above the front door. I have poor hearing, but I heard the door close every time when the bar closed for the night. You can also hear people talking as they leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Not room 200
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I really liked this hotel. The room was spacious with 2 chairs in addition to the bed. The bed was offset so that there was no light coming in from the door. Staff was outstandingly helpful & pleasant.

Room Tip: Make certain to get a larger room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel will not be as good in terms of space, comfort and facilities as the big corporate hotels downtown.However, as a general rule, it will be markedly cheaper than the big ones. We consider it to be the best value available if you want to be close to the main tourist attractions. Adjacent to the interstate, but our room (at the side) was not affected by noise.
There is room for improvement in the breakfast arrangements. Space is at a premium, table clearing was slow, and the scrum of people jostling to boil an egg to their liking in a single boiler is frankly a bizarre arrangement.
The onsite Italian restaurant, Panorama, is a bit pricey but well worth it for the excellent food and ambience

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple