Penn's View Hotel
$179
$166
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswine barold citypanorama restaurantboiled eggssmall balconypremium king roommarket streetfranklin fountaingas fireplaceexposed brickwithin walking distancehardwood floorsjacuzzi tubquaint hotelmajor highwayfresh fruitliberty bell
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed there one Saturday night in October, 2012. Room 400, looking straight at the highway (and the Camden skyline). You could hear the traffic noise only if you were real quiet and listened real hard. Our room had double windows (not a storm window over a real window, but a real window inside another real window) and heavy curtains. Noise was not an issue in the least. Honestly, I've been in a couple dozen hotels that were a lot noisier than this one.

The hotel itself is right at Penn's Landing on the Delaware River, within walking distance of all the historical attractions and lots of places to eat and drink. It is understated, attractive, and well-maintained inside and out. Our room had a queen, a gas fireplace, and a jacuzzi. The staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't try the restaurant.

With tax, it came to $204. A good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in seperate rooms at Penn View for 3 nights. His room was large and cozy with a fire place, small balcony and bathtub. My room was very small and had none of the same amenities. I booked mine through a promotion on Expedia and he booked his through the Penn View website I believe. If I could redo my visit, I would ensure I got a room like his even if I had to pay more. The hotel location is great and I highly recommend staying in the Old City area. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Just a heads up to anyone who is driving and relying on iPhone GPS to navigate to the hotel, you will be taken to a location that is several blocks over but on the same street.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Great customer service from the night audit attendant, Tom. Great location easy to get anywhere from hotel. Nice and cozy rooms. Gives you a sense of historic pride knowing the history of the area and hotel. I would recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is exactly what we were looking for in Philadelphia. Not an anonymous chain, but a very charming hotel.
Check in staff was so friendly, they spent 10mins showing us the map, where to go and what to see.
The room was huge, elegantly furbished, with marble bathroom, very clean.
I understood the hotel was nice, but it was actually much more than my expectations.
We tried also the wine bar, nice atmosphere, with wines from everywhere in the world.
Breakfast was very good too.
I would say: book without any doubt!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dandanx
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Located in the Old City section, this hotel allows easy walking access to Independence Hall and other historic buildings in the national park and immediate area. We frequently walked about the area during the early evening hours and always felt safe. There are numerous restaurants and bars in the area. (Cuba Libre is good for small appetites; Continental Restaurant serves great salads and drinks; and City Tavern offers colonial-style food and ambience.) We had a room on the third floor with a small balcony (more for decoration than use) facing the freeway. As the windows were sound-proof, freeway noise was never a problem in the three nights we spent there. We slept soundly. The bed was very comfortable. We liked the fact that the room contained two chairs as well as a desk. A television was provided, but we never turned it on. The breakfasts were good and filling. We enjoyed the waffles, hard boiled eggs, pastries, fresh fruit, and good coffee. Thank goodness there was an elevator, as the stairs are a bit narrow, really not suitable for one carrying suitcases. An Italian restaurant (Restaurant Panorama) and wine bar is adjacent to the hotel. The food and wine was excellent. The nearby Old City Coffee is also good place for coffee and espresso.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple