“Great, as usual”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Midland, United States
“Great, as usual”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

When travelling to Philly for business, I've stayed at the Omni, Lowes, and Monnaco. I prefer the set-up of the rooms at the Omni to work or relax in the evening. Staff at all three are great, but the Omni has a personal touch that the other two don't.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you want to sightsee the many historical locations of Philly you can not stay in a better location. The rooms are pretty basic, but good sized. The staff is wonderful, especially their doormen. This hotel is literally a 3 minute walk to Independence Hall. We were able to run around the city, stop back at the hotel to freshen up, and then head out again. That is a great feature as Philly can be humid. I will stay at the Omni again!

Room Tip: The wifi is free if you join Omni's traveling club which is free.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed July 31, 2014

As soon as we walked into the hotel the staff greeted us - very friendly. Check in was seamless and the woman behind to counter was helpful and pleasant. Our room was clean with a great view of the city. The best part about our room was the bathroom. Compared to other hotels in cities I have stayed in - this bathroom seemed huge! We did not have an opportunity to take advantage of the hotel amenities because we only stayed one night. But the location to all of the local attractions was a big plus. Although this is an older hotel, I enjoyed the atmosphere and traditional décor in the lobby and the room itself had all of the modern comforts you can ask for. Great hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floors for great views of the city.
Stony Brook
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The photos on the Omni's website are very misleading. The hotel is worn and tired, from the lobby entrance and to the hotel room. In addition to the dated appearance, it wasn't clean. The bathroom was dirty (the floor, the toilet, the mirror, and the vanity), the throw pillows were stained, and there was food under the desk! There were only two elevators and one was broken. However the general manager, David, was amazing! We decided to check out, rather than stay, and he was completely understanding. He invited us back for a free breakfast the following morning if we stayed somewhere nearby. The only perk to the hotel was its location; it is right in the historic district.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank msmith2kids
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Omni HOtel is excellent. Friendly and helpful staff, large and lovely room, excellent amenities. This hotel is close to all Independence Mall attractions and is easy to reach to/from I-95 for those who are driving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The building is gorgeous and it is indeed across the street from the park but so is the Hotel Monaco. I've stayed at both properties and in the interest of full disclosure I am a member of both of their loyalty programs. I could make this a comparison review of the two hotels but I won't since in all fairness it has been about a year between my visits to Philadelphia and I don't want to have to go by memory on what the Hotel Monaco did or did not have vs the Omni property. Since I have just left the Omni everything is still fresh! Check-in was the quickest I ever experienced and the staff is delightful. All the way down to the gentleman taking the sheets and towels bin to the basement! As all my reviews reveal- I am terrible with names so I won't bother trying to "give a shout out" to any particular staff member. I have since learned if they are heads above the others I will write down their names! The whole staff was genial and I didn't experience a single disgruntled employee!
My room was a king room with a lovely bed that had very little motion transfer (bless you!) as I sleep with a flopper. He can't just roll over it's as if he's a dolphin and has to leap in the air, turn and flop! My pillows were perfect-(can I take one home???) and the mattress was very comfy. My room was really spacious and they have a fully stocked mini bar which they give you a key for but I don't know why since mine never locked, I could just pull it open. If you need to use the fridge for your own items you can either take some stuff out and put in your own or call the front desk and they will have a second fridge brought to your room at no charge. The couch in my room was comfy and I loved the Bose wave radio. I only had one issue- the internet connection and my iPad. I liked to sit on the comfy couch with my iPad but the signal was significantly weaker there. I'd have a stronger signal if I held the iPad in the air ( oh yeah, stay like that for a while and feel the burn) or went across the room. They give you a card with the wifi info and technical support contact info at check-in. Did I call? No because this trip I wasn't staying in my room long enough to care but if I was trying to do some work I would have. It may not have even been a problem if I had my laptop with a bigger antenna.
The lobby is where they have your morning Starbucks coffee (yum) and later in the evening some light refreshments but when I was there they had a special event so the lobby was closed off for the private affair. They gave me a letter explaining it all rather nicely when you check in. I felt very well informed of what was going on. Overall I recommend the Omni.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from elevators for less hallway noise.
Sayre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband I and just returned from a whirlwind tour of NYC and Philadelphia and we both agree that the city of Brotherly Love was the "icing on the cake." Our experience at the Omni started off a little "warm" upon check-in with the AC not working properly. We let the front desk know and then we went on for the rest of the day with our tour of the city. Once we returned to our room later that evening we stopped by the front desk to ask about the AC and if everything was working. The front desk clerk was very apologetic, but explained the room was still not complete. She offered us some free drinks as the bar if we could wait while she checked on things. My husband and I not being in a hurry took her up on her offer. To our surprise ten minutes later the night manager Dave walked over to our table at the bar and personally apologized for our inconvenience and then went on to comp our room, drinks, and breakfast for the next morning. Eventually our room was fixed and my husband enjoyed the rest of the evening in our gorgeous cool room. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The hospitality was amazing!