“omni location location location”

The Franklin Hotel at Independence Park
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mililani, Hawaii
“omni location location location”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

picked this over hyatt(even though we are platinum members) for the location. stayed here oct 26
before going to philly called many times to ask about hotel location eateries. since we had never been to the east coast this would be a new adventure. I spoke to Sean and Nina several times
also other front desk help, each time the csr were very informative and helpful. I was already liking
the hotel from the many phone calls. we got to the hotel by the hotels suggestion of using liberty bell shuttle. our first encounter in person was with a very enthusiastic and friendly bellhop name Reggie I think I got his name right the said he was from puerto rico originally, and he was just loving philly and the omni hotel, you could tell he really was a people person and loved his job. then we met Nina another lovely csr who got us checked in and thanked me for the goodies from hawaii, she also helped me over the phone several times when I called from hawaii. Got to our room and we were satisfied with the overall cleanliness and toiletries amenities the hotel offered. The next day we also got to meet David and John both very nice and friendly, this hotel was just oozing brotherly love. So as for the hotel and employees we were satisfied with our choice. we also got a great deal for two double beds for the three of us. Now lets talk about location this hotelwas again my first choice because of the location, there is the monaco right next door, but much higher price. and when your in old city you will be out and about the whole day. omni is very near the visitor center where you get tickets and information from the many park rangers.
it is also near the liberty bell, the hop on hop off bus also goes in this area, city tavern is just
a couple of blocks away. this hotel is so centrally located if you wanted to walk to many places you could. we were very pleased with the omni and will be referring this hotel to people going to philly. on our bus tour we saw hyatt and other hotels but our omni location was the best. even if the hotel was a little older and worn like some other reviewers mentioned, it did not matter to us and we have stayed in some very expensive hotels, because the workers and housekeeping managment to bellhop all the csr is what makes omni the five stars it deserves and the location It more than deserves the five stars also did I mention the area isclean and seemed to be safe, when we walked to city tavern at night we felt safe. so if you are looking to enjoy old city and have easy access to visitor center, liberty bell, hop on hop off bus book the omni rooms go fast.

Room Tip: we asked for view of the historic sight
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is close to the Federal Courthouse. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that numerous historic sites are within walking distance. I would recommend that you purchase the package deal that includes valet parking and breakfast. The breakfast was a wonderful experience with upscale atmosphere. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Jack S
Allentown, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Hotel check in quick, hotel staff were courteous, pleasant and helpful. Valet parking was perfect. Hotel room was clean and provided all the amenities. Location was perfect, right in the heart of our countries heritage. The room was nice but the bed was hard as a rock and did not get any sleep and therefor had a very un energetic day of seeing Old City.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My room was not ready at time of check in, so I decided to wait in the lobby until I had a room. Not 5 minutes later, the staff offered a ready room with different bed sizes than booked for my convenience. I greatly appreciate the thoughtfulness! The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. My only complaint is that the bathroom sink faucet handles leaked onto the counter. I am a woman who traveled alone during my stay, and felt very safe in the area because of the hotel staff who were always very kind and attentive. I did not use valet parking because there is plenty of cheap parking in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Neptune, New Jersey
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My partner and I had a brief overnight stay on a Saturday. We purchased the package with breakfast, parking, champagne, and turndown, which was well worth the price. Nicely updated rooms, and we stayed on the 14th floor with a nice view of the park. I highly recommend getting a higher floor due to some traffic noise. The Gayborhood is a quick 5 minute cab ride. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby has a small bar. The breakfast in the morning was very hot, fresh, and flavorful. I recommend signing up for the rewards program - free water, newspaper, and morning beverages, which is a very nice touch...I wish Marriott did the same. Only complaint would be no mini fridge in the room, but this is minor. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to lessen traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dannan
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The management of this hotel gets it. I gave the place an excellent not because it is the most beautiful or comfortable room I've been in but because the staff, top down knows there is competition and it is up to them to ensure an excellent guest experience. Doormen, front desk, housekeeping, the manager everyone was great. AND, this hotel is in a great location. So here were a couple of things that happened. 1) Cab driver out front, first in line, acts like he does not understand English or where the address I want is because it is not an airport fare, it just a few blocks away on a cold morning. I go in and tell the manager and he comes out and waves down a cab for me and assists the cab driver to understand he's not welcome to pick up fares there anymore. 2) Housekeeping finds a very small charm I dropped in my room. It was of great sentimental value and it was placed very deliberately where I could see it and it was clear great care was taken to do so. 3) Doormen are probably asked the same question a hundred times about where things are and they treat you like it is the first time they've heard it and give you their full attention as they patiently explain. 4) Concierge had no "buddies" out there when he recommended services that might be over priced or not worth what got charged so honestly recommended the best tourist experience for what you wanted to do.

The room was clean, everything worked. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor near the elevator and it was quiet and just fine. It was facing the street...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Autralia
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great, very spacious and clean in a lovely part of Philadelphia. We walked around the old city and took the local bus up the street to go shopping and see other sites. Wonderful hotel great staff.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple