“Better for a business traveler”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lutz, Florida
“Better for a business traveler”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2005

I chose to stay here for a conference because I grew up in Philly and thought it would be fun to stay in the old PSFS building. There is hardly a lobby, which is dissapointing. The front desk is run by teenagers who act like they are doing you a favor by speaking to you. The girl that helped me had wet hair and kept yawning while she checked me in. The room itself was large and quiet, with a fantastic panoramic view, though the peach/plum color scheme was puzzling, and the TV was at an odd angle to the bed. Very, very convenient to the convention center. It was OK, though once was probably enough for me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2005

I have twice reserved a room at the Loews Hotel, Philadelphia, only to be told when I arrived from the airport with a busy schedule of meetings planned that they did not have a room for me. Apparently, they had decided to sell the room to someone else. This was with a fully pre-paid, confirmed reservation. The last time, the management told me that I was not alone--16 other reserved guests were in the same position. Had this happened to me just once, I could believe that it was an isolated mistake. But I have only reserved there twice, and this happened both times! So if you like a little suspense and excitement to liven up your boring ride from the airport, this hotel may be for you. If, on the other hand, you like to assume that when you have reserved a room, a room will actually be available, then I'd suggest trying somewhere else.

1 Thank dstttttt
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2004

The main reason why I went to Philadelphia was to go to Morimoto, so I decided to stay one night at Loews since it was considered a four star hotel and was relatively close to the resturant. After I checked in and went upstairs to my room I was disappointed. There was a dirty toothpick on my nightstand and the carpet didn't look that clean. So we decided to tell the front desk on my way out for some shopping. They told me that they would take care of it and there wouldn't be a problem. Then I went over to the conceirage to ask if she knew if there was a dress code for Morimoto. That's when she rudely replied to me well you can't go dressed in that b/c I was wearing sneakers and jeans. And then she went on telling me that there is a dress code b/c Morimoto is an iron chef and the resturant is very upscale. She did not pick up the phone to call the resturant to verify but gave me her "opinion" on the resturant. So we left and I found the number to call Morimoto and they told me there is no dress code. You can come however you feel. So basically the concierage was no help, although it is her job to be helpful. When we came back after some shopping we cut through the valet and went inside the building, since the elevator banks are right there you would figure that there would be someone there asking you if you are a guest. So basically anyone can walk into the hotel and go straight upstairs. I did not feel safe when I realized that. When we got back to the room, I realized that the room was not cleaned as promised. I called the front desk and they told me that the housekeeping already left for the day!! And they were filled up so they couldn't switch my room. So we decided to tough it out since there was nothing else we could do. At 2am we were woken up by loud screaming and laughing outside my door. There were people in the hallway running around and making a ruckus. So I called the front desk and they told me that they would send someone up to check on it. I don't know if they did or not but I do know that the ruckus went on for another hour. All in all it was a bad experience for me. I paid to much for to little.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member