“Best ever! !”

Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Best ever! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Our room was a corner room on the 26th floor. It was clean and the robes and towels were fluffy and clean. We couldn't hear the neighbors and the view was absolutely awesome!
For breakfast we enjoyed some cereal and fruit and Kim was a pleasure to talk to while she kept everything stocked up.
The history of the hotel was a lot of fun. It is pretty cool that they added a lap pool...I imagine that not too many buildings in the 1930s had pools in them.
We enjoyed beverages at Bank & Bourbons. The bartender was friendly and the food was delicious. We also liked having the mini bar available. The prices weren't too much more than going down the street for the same thing. The convenience is worth paying for.
Our tv stopped working while we were there, they had it fixed in minutes.
The valets were so nice and the Concierge staff was helpful.
We enjoyed everything about Lowes PA and will definitely stay again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and your guestroom, which was part of our recent $25 million renovation and enhancement project. We are glad you enjoyed the views and our friendly team members. We have blended the history of the building and the modern conveniences that today’s traveler wants into the hotel and appreciate that you enjoyed those aspects. Thank you for dining in Bank & Bourbon, we are very proud of the chef and his menu, as well as our bourbon master and our creative cocktail menu! We are happy we were able to get your TV fixed and did not impede your stay; we strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests. Again, we are so excited to hear of your recent stay and hope you will join us again soon!

Sean C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

This renovated hotel is the bomb. It is centrally located in the heart of the city center and one can easily walk to all the local attractions, especially the Reading Terminal where you can spend a whole couple of days there and not eat the same food twice, unless you want to. This hotel is about 10 blocks from the historic part of the city and is easily walkable. Food in this city is outstanding as is the dining room in this hotel, albeit kinda pricey, but the food is good and the service is outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Rebecca N
Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our central location, walking distance to great dining, shopping and historic sites. We are happy you enjoyed the Reading Terminal Market, just across the street; it is a favorite of locals too! We are pleased you had the chance to dine in our new restaurant; Bank & Bourbon and that you enjoyed the service and the food! We hope you will return and stay with us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you are looking for a small vacation Loews in Philly is a place to go. Forget going on the streets---Loews is a VACATION on its own -- you will leave pampered and satisfied RELAXATION is what they give

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the property and our Loews Loves Kids program, and more so that you left the property feeling pampered and relaxed! We hope you will stay with us again soon! Thank you for the review!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Staying at Loews in downtown Philadelphia was a highlight of our stay. The location is perfect, among all the eateries, walking distance of the Historical sights, public transportation available, and near the beautiful City Hall. We felt thoroughly pampered without the exorbitant price you would expect with this scale of hotel. We loved the modern, new feeling of the hotel and the room was slightly larger than the standard hotel room, but noticeable and appreciated. The staff was welcoming and friendly, we asked for and received a perfect view of the city. The mini spa in the pool/fitness area was a nice surprise. Will stay at another Loews again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the location – walking distance to great dining, shopping and historic sites. We are glad you felt pampered and appreciated our newly renovated guestrooms. We area also happy that our friendly team members made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to host you again soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Offered a Skyline View upgrade online but when I checked in was told the rooms were being used for photos. Asked for extra time to check out and first time anywhere in the world was told I needed to ask again the next morning.
Upgraded corner King Room was spartan, one picture and cheap furniture (after recent renovation). Bath towels were small. I wouldn't purchase them for my home. View was amazing, just like a postcard.

Food in concierge floor was just OK. Attendant was really nice.

Parking valets should run the place, very customer focused. They understand customer needs.

Overall just OK. I will stick with Hilton

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. While I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the view and the valet attendants, I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry your experience at the hotel was not a memorable one and hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed here at the end of a business trip and found the location of this hotel really good for just being a tourist in Philadelphia.

The rooms are gorgeous and really cool but also very comfy. This was probably the comfiest hotel room I had this trip to just kick back and relax - and I could have worked very comfortably at the desk too if I'd had to.

I had dinner and breakfast in Bank & Bourbon, the restaurant and had different experiences. At dinner it was great, relaxed and great service. At breakfast though it was a bit busier (not much) but the service was slow and impersonal. I almost got up and left to go to Starbucks! The restaurant really was great at dinner though so this might just have been a one off.

I did find the concierge staff helpful but fairly impersonal.

Overall a very relaxing end to my business trip but I might look to see what other hotels I can find in central Philadelphia next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, they were designed to accommodate both leisure and business travelers. The rooms provide increased Wi-Fi capabilities, larger work desk areas paired with ergonomic guest chairs and several accessible electric outlets. We are excited that you dined at our new restaurant Bank & Bourbon and we apologize if there was a delay during your breakfast, we strive to provide excellent service and a memorable experience for each of our guests and regret if we failed to do so at that time. We hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was my first time coming to Philadelphia for longer than a layover. My friend and I were in town for a convention, and I adored this hotel. It is perfectly situated downtown, and close to everything. The staff were very helpful, and really a pleasure to deal with. I'm not a huge fan of going to hotel bars, but I absolutely have to say that the bar staff at this hotel were the best I've ever dealt with. Extremely professional, friendly, and down right funny. I loved every night we were able to hang out there. The staff itself is great and really that's what sold me on the hotel.

This is definitely a renovated office building but I think it gives it a ton of character. My friend and I were really so impressed that we really hope to stay there again next year. The rooms are nice sized, and the workout area is nice too. I wish that the other hotels would follow this particular makeup when deciding to open new locations.

Also, Philly Phil? The Bell Captain? My hats off to you, sir. You were wonderful to my friend and I, and I hope to see you again next year when we come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JHerron112
Thank you for your recent stay at Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind words about our friendly team members. We are so pleased your enjoyed our new restaurant and bar Bank & Bourbon and that you and your friend enjoyed the staff there as well. We are excited that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and state of the art work out area. Thank you for your glowing review! We look forward to hosting you again next year!