“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento
“Great hotel”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel was wonderful. It has a lively feeling when you come into the lobby as the restaurant there is very popular. This place also smells very nice, whatever they spray in the lobby is great. We stayed here in April 2014 for 3 days and really enjoyed it. We had room 2310; it was big, modern and clean. We had a nice view from this room. The king bed in our room was very comfortable, but the pillows were not, they were too high and hurt your neck. There was no ice machine on this floor so we had to hunt for ice on another floor. Good shower pressure. Good storage in this room as well. They provide a super duper hairdryer in the room which is much appreciated from thick hair people like myself. We do not like doonas/comforters on the beds as they make us feel too hot, this hotel was kind enough to send us up blankets which were clean. We got a roll away bed for my daughter and there was still enough room to walk around the room. The check in process was quick and friendly. This hotel is close to everything, the subway is literally next door and the Reading Markets in a short walk. We ate there a couple of times, the prices are not cheap as you think markets should be but the variety of food is mind blowing and the busy atmosphere is to be experienced. The hotel even had an Easter Bunny giving out easter eggs to the kids- nice touch. We enjoyed exploring Philadelphia and all it's wonderful history and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank vivnoaln

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (986)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed at the Loews Hotel this week. I was assigned a corner room on the 20th floor with a lovely view of downtown Philadelphia. The room was nice and a little above average.
The king bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a modest size. However, it did not have a stall shower which is always disappointing to me. The water pressure was mediocre which is also disappointing. The best thing about the hotel was an excellent fitness area. However, I didn't bring headphones to watch TV while exercising on the fitness equipment. When I asked about them I was told there was a $10 charge for these which I think is absurd. These type of excess charges always really bug me. Overall, I would rate the hotel above average.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor as there are lovely views available of downtown Philadelphia.
Green Features: Didn't ask guests if they would be willing to use the same towels throughout their stay which I am fine with
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear John I,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I wish you would have left feeling differently about us and not that we were only average. We strive to provide excellent service to our guest and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to look into your feedback with our Director of Engineering. Please let me know when you'll be returning to Philadelphia so that I can assist you with reservation for a perfect stay.

Regards,
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Overall, I had a great experience in this hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was good. The hotel was nice. My room was very clean. There was a big gym with plenty of equipment and a pool. My only issue was that I'm a light sleeper, and I could hear buses early in the morning and the heating/cooling system kicked on and off throughout the night. That said, I'm an extremely light sleeper, and those things probably wouldn't bother most people. It's also a downtown hotel in a city, so there's not really away to avoid a certain amount of traffic noise. Anyhow, great hotel, great staff, easy check-in/check-out. I'd stay here again!

Dear ish824,

I'm thrilled to hear you had such a good experience throughout your stay with us. Our team member genuinely loves taking care of our guests. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to do so!
We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Midland
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed on the 31st floor and immensely enjoyed the complimentary breakfast lounge on the same floor. They served fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, juices, and coffee. There wasn't any hot breakfast for the continental breakfast.
The service throughout the hotel is phenomenal.
The rooms are very clean. There is a robe in the closet.
The room service was excellent.
The location is prime for business or tourism.

There seemed to be a lot of noise from nearby doors opening and closing loudly for some reason.

Room Tip: I'm not sure how to get on the floor that offers the breakfast or any other perks but that is wh...
Green Features: I honestly didn't notice any environmentally-friendly practices. I'm sure like most hotels you can hang your towel to use them again, etc. I didn't read any of the brochures they offered.
Dear Jessicalowens,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Loews Philadelphia. I am truly pleased that we were able to create a perfect experience for you during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here for a quick overnight family trip to Philly. The hotel is in a historic bank headquarters building and many of the original details in the public areas are retained. Entrance to the hotel is a bit hidden as it is on the side street rather than on Market St. (which is the hotel's listed street address) plus the ground floor retail spaces make it look like it's an office building.The room is modern and stylishly decorated, but at least in the room I stayed in, it already shows some wear and tear. Pieces of veneer/laminate on the corners of the nightstand and dresser had already chipped off and the chair upholstery was pilling. The hotel bar on top floor has wonderful views of the City. It's worth going up and taking in the view even if you don't drink.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nynyer2013
Dear nynyer2013,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Philadelphia, and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed by the inside decor of our historic building and our recently renovated rooms. The conditions that you pointed out have been escalated to our Director of Engineering. We believe that an inviting environment is important, which is why we have designed more seating in our lounge area next to our recently open restaurant Bank and Bourbon and new entrance located on Market Street.
We look forward to inviting you back again soon to Loews Philadelphia.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for an impromptu weekend getaway. We spent only 2 nights here - but we had no complaints. We quickly got checked in and up to our room, the staff was friendly. Our bed was very comfortable and our room was clean. It was in a good location - very nearby the Reading Terminal and within walking distance to many different sights, shopping areas and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jen E,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments!

I am truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your impromptu weekend stay at the Loews Philadelphia and enjoyed our high standards of service throughout your stay.
We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My first Lowes experience and I must say, I was utterly impressed. Stayed with my girlfriend this weekend for a quick getaway and we enjoyed everything about it. I'm the cliché millennial who covets cool, trendy, upscale hotels with a downtown location. It's is my "thing" and they were all of the above and more. The views, room appointments, service, ugh I didn't want to leave!

At check out we met Ted who was the quintessential gentleman. I'm sure he was a manger of some sort but he was so kind and gave us the building's bank history, He's a keeper what a last impression! I love architecture and am a huge history buff so it was most appreciated. You got a great thing going keep it up Lowes Philly! I'm telling all my friends and family and I will certainly be back and seek you in my future travels.

Room Tip: High floor with a view obviously, don't be cheap totally worth paying and booking for.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear rchavarria86,

Thank you for sharing the positive feedback of your recent visit with us. I'm glad to hear that your first Loews experience was impressive and that the service you received met your expectations. It is with great pleasure that I will personally recognize Ted for his dedication to customer service and passion of excellence.
Our entire team is looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future!