“City of Brotherly Love”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kingston, Canada
“City of Brotherly Love”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

First time for my wife and I in Philadelphia. In town at a conference. Loews was great. Stayed in a King room... clean room, comfortable bed. Staff was top drawer. We're in the hotel business and I've got to say I was really impressed with every staff member I encountered. Everybody made eye contact, said hi and wished us a great day. Outstanding. Dinner our last night was in the hotel dining room. We originally thought we would go to Ruth's Chris or Morton's, but were late getting started, so stayed in. Great decision! Dinner and service was just as good or better. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 19th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed our brand new restaurant. Our team is really second to none and makes everyone feel special. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,007)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have read of the renovations done to the PSFS building in Philadelphia, by the LOEWS Hotels. In taking our twins on spring break to visit and discover the history of Ben Franklin and the liberty bell, the real gem of the trip was our stay at the LOEWS HOTEL, PHILADELPHIA!!!! The service was impeccable, as always and the renovation of this magnificent art deco building is spectacular. From the lobby entrance to the elevator bays, the room floors vestibule and hallways every detail was exquisite. Our room was luxurious and very well appointed. The staff and services are why we are loyal LOEWS guests and this property surpassed my expectations once again!!!

Room Tip: the 32nd floor, the concierge floor was extremely well appointed and quiet for our sleep
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith S
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you spent spring break with us. We try very hard to run a first class hotel while keeping the integrity of the building. Also, our team is truly outstanding Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
Ellsworth, Maine
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was a business trip and my co-worker and I spent four nights at this hotel. The room with two queen beds was nice and had a larger bathroom. Being sticklers for cleanliness we noticed several hairs here and there, shower, bathroom floor and my bed when the sheets were pulled back. The mirror actually had messages from a previous guest that showed up when we showered. The entire staff that we encountered was pleasant and helpful. Ice was on every other floor so we either had to go up one or down one every night. Coffee was hidden a little under the TV but we found it finally. You just have to be snoopy to locate some things. The TV had limited channels and the WiFi (free one) was nothing to brag about. Two nights I just got so stressed that I gave up on it. They offer cucumber infused water and lemon water along with some awesome candies just off the registration desk. Door handle opens when turned UP instead of down . That caused some confusion the first few times we entered the room. We should have requested more towels but didn't. We used the same bar of soap the entire four nights we were there. We were never given a second one. It seems like that should have been "a given" and not have required a special request. Over all, though we had a pretty good stay. I might try another location another time just for a change although this was not bad.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 17th floor and over looked business offices in the next building. Even number fl...
1 Thank JaneK473
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry for the housekeeping issues you encountered but are deep in our green program. Please let us know during your next stay and we will be happy to replace amenities daily. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Here on business and prior to arrival spoke to Melvin who provided recommendations for an authentic Philly Cheesesteak. Upon arrival Dave was a perfect concierge guiding me to all the historical sites in Philadelphia. Justin another concierge ran in the rain on the other side of the street to retrieve a taxi for me and other hotels guests. Kevin offered me his umbrella to walk up the street. My room was always spotless thanks to the housekeepers and all staff at this hotel beamed with smiles. I had a quick lunch at the restaurant onsite and Jose ensured my meal was delivered in less than 8 minutes so I can go back to work. This hotel was the perfect location beside Macy's and across the way from the Reading Terminal featuring more than 20 different places to eat all in one spot. My last day out at 5:45 a.m. I finally had a chance to meet Melvin in person. The restaurant wasn't open yet and Melvin provided me with fresh hot coffee, cream and sugar. I couldn't have asked for a better welcome to the city of Philadelphia thanks to the lovely staff at Loews Philadelphia Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I am glad you were treated like royalty. This is how we want all our guests to feel. I will make sure we recognize all of the team members who made your stay so memorable. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am a repeat guest at this Loews. For my last visit, I was surprised when I found recent renovations to the restaurant, bar, and lounge area. The changes are fabulous! While I have always had a nice stay, the new upgrades made this visit exceptional. The atmosphere is lively and the large screen televisions are inviting. The staff at his Loews have always been very nice and this trip was no exception. The rooms are large and the location could not be better.

1 Thank AnonName
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you like our new restaurant and concept, Bank and Bourbon. it has certainly been a crowd pleaser. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I just stayed at here for a hotel company district meeting. I was excited to go to Philly and stay at the Loews, but I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. As a GM, I know that things happen and nothing's ever going to be perfect. But here's just a little about the room that I noticed: The sink was dripping, the luggage rack was broken, the windows were dirty and they charged me for taking drinks out of the fridge when I didn't. Overall though, it's a pretty hotel with lots of history. The service was fine...nothing legendary, but fine. I suppose with the reputation of Loews I expected a maintenance-free room. But I'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss further, but appreciate the feedback. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The completely redone lobby is a beautiful, inviting space. It's a great open space leading to Bank & Bourbon, the brand new restaurant. The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to all the historic sits in Philadelphia. The staff is wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Beautiful!
Green Features: The staff really goes the extra mile to make your stay a pleasant one
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank BettyCongar
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you you loved our enhancements. The hotel is a totally new place with Bank and Bourbon and our new lobby experience. Our team certainly brings the space to life. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to host you again soon.