“In the heart of downtown.”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“In the heart of downtown.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with our room. On checking in we requested an upper floor king, but got a queen which ended up being just fine because they gave us what is called a 'corner suite'. It was comfortable with huge windows that looked out over the city. The bathroom was large and also had the same huge windows. The staff and the concierge desk employees were super helpful, very kind, and did a great job in making us feel welcome. I LOVED the convenience of being across the street from the market...if you go to Philly and stay downtown by the convention center make sure to visit the Reading Terminal Market! Incredible!

Room Tip: Higher level, less street noise, ask for corner suite with queen as they are larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered. I traveled with a large group which is always a challenge, but the hotel staff accommodated us at every turn. Whether it was a recommendation for a bar or late-night food deliveries, the staff was on point.

It would be my pleasure to return.

Parking was excellent, thank you Fabian!

Oswego, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013

In Philly for medical apt. We were very nervous. The staff was very kind helpful and friendly. What warm and welcoming smiles we received thank you! It helped me settle in easier. A big thanks to Jamie, our view was amazing and Willie the suggestions for the terminal market etc helped to take my mind off things. GREAT STAFF. Room was very clean modern bed was comfortable, only complaint would be cost of parking. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of city choose a corner unit if possible
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Loews for a conference and was really impressed. The rooms were nice, the fitness center was great, and the service was superb. I travel frequently for business and this hotel's staff really stood out as being exceptional. In particular, "Jazzy" at the front desk was REALLY helpful. My luggage had been lost so I arrived at night and was waiting for it to be delivered. She followed up on it for me several times and took intitiative to seek out information even before I asked her to. I really appreciated it.
Also, Tariq the bellman was great. Genuinely friendly, helpful, and respectful. Sometimes I feel a bit "overwhelmed" by the bell staff at hotels when they come barging towards my car grabbing luggage, but he was calm, professional, greeted me with a smile, and was just all-around awesome.
I will absolutely be back, mostly due to the great service I received. Thanks!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Originally a third party had reserved 13 rooms for my group during a busy travel weekend in Philly. When I called to confirm the dates for each person in my party I found there to be an issues with every room. Due in no part to the Loews, but our third party reservation maker.

Even though the hotel was not obligated to adjust each room and add nights to an already impacted hotel they obligingly assisted with fixing each guests room. The front Desk staff was very courteous and went above and beyond to ensure that each room was taken care of. Even cancelling a second room in one of our guests name instead of charging us for the duplicate room that had been booked by the third party.

Also when I was locked out at 2 am with no proof of Identification they graciously escorted me to my room, and opened the door so I could confirm my residence in the room.

Overall a very pleasant experience. Lovely bar, good food in the restaurant and a very central location downtown.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a spectacular view
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Was in Philly for a convention and stayed here before transferring across street to Marriott. Loews hotel was beautiful - modern redone room, clean, comfortable bed and great linens, awesome shower!
Also great amentities as well.
Should have stayed the entire week here and will remember next time!

Norwich
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nice hotel and good location near to indoor market and hop on hop off bus service. Good views from higher level of hotel. Would recommend, try the Philly Cheese sandwich! Staff helpful and friendly. Ask for a high room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family