“Awesome Stay”

Stafford Spgs, CT
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel during the weekend of March 28th-March 31 while I worked the NEQ volleyball tournament. It was one of the nicest visits to a hotel that I have ever had.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ray who helped me with my bags when I arrived; Kevin, the bellman, who cared for my belongings and assisted me when I had to leave; Avi, who helped me with my car when I arrived and departed, and Chantel who helped me with directions in departing from the hotel's parking garage since my GPS would not work in the area. All of these employees were extremely courteous and friendly, and very accommodating which helped me to relax after a very long weekend of working at NEQ's with limited sleep and after experiencing a strenuous event at a different parking facility. What a difference it made!

I'd like to express my thanks to them and to you for hiring such caring people.

My High Regards,

Paula McNerney
Room 3202

Room Tip: Rm 3202 has a great view and great space for a single or a couple! Also, I enjoyed the complimentar...
1 Thank PEAnders
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Loews Philadelphia Hotel looks for nothing but the best when it comes to hiring our staff. We may have to train them on Loews standard and the hospitality industry but you can’t train someone on being extremely courteous, friendly, and very accommodating. It has to be in them and Ray, Kevin, Avi, and Chantel, all possess those great attributes.

Sean Clancy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Montreal
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Clean, fresh and quiet!

What more could you ask for? We enjoyed 3 nights at this lovely hotel and I nary have a complaint.

The rooms are large and luxe, plush linens, and views! The crib provided was the nicest we have ever used in a property (wood not plastic).

The staff is good, esp the concierege service (great job Miranda, thank you!).

But, some of the front desk people are not very smiley, or friendly at first. But they improved slightly, but here's a tip for them: SMILE when you greet guests who pay rack rate people!!!

Overall, I would book again. They have an excellent property.

Tip: their resto is very strange. it's not a good choice to eat at night, the staff are again kinda aloof.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Wow, we loved reading your post, and are thrilled to see that your room was clean, fresh, and quiet. Miranda will be very excited to see that you commented on her service and we would like to apologize for some of our staff not displaying the same type of service as Miranda and no smile. It is not Loews standard and we will definitely be reviewing your comment with our leadership team. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Vancouver/Hong Kong/London
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Usually I stay at starwood properties whenever I am in Philly because of the platinum status I get free breakfast and internet but In Loews nothing except for the location.
This is my first time in Loews. It's an older building although I think they are going through renovations.

Now the things I like.

Great Location, close to the market square, chinatown for groceries, transit!
Hard rock cafe, diners that open 24 hrs.

Other than being dusty I think the interior and color complex of the rooms is better. Air conditioning is also better than the sheraton philly city center as it doesn't make as much noise.

House keeping is very good, they clean the room in the afternoons and the staff are nice.

What I think could make improvements:.

Room was extremely dusty, I think they are going through renovations. To compound the matter, they needed to install a mini bar while I was in the room. Perhaps I'm use to seeing complimentary water in starwood but I feel there should be at least a complimentary water for guests on arrival!

Internet is soso speed, I think they could make improvements in wifi. If I'm paying $13 a day for wifi I certainly hope it's faster! There are many sites you can't stream!

If not for the chess tournament, I don't know if I would stay here again. Other then the exceptional service from the staff I don't feel I would pay $200 regular rate for a room here. I think they could definitely improve a lot more.

I'm staying in room 2803 and for the past week I can hear people chatting in the room next door. Babies crying at night, people laughing and arguing!

Maybe I'm paying the $119 chess rate for a luxury so we are in in not so desirable rooms
.I think originally the rate was 99 but the lady on the phone said if you pay 20 extra you get a better luxury room when booking.. Maybe I should have suck with the $99 rate.

I'm not entirely convinced as they just installed a minibar in my room (with my consent) except it's empty! Why not install it when there are no guests? When installing it even the workers were coughing because of the dust.

If not for the great service from the staff I would have given a lower rating!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor or you will hear the air vents from the building adjacent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JamesChessMaster
Thank you for your very detailed overview of your stay at Loews Philadelphia Hotel. Your review gives us the opportunity to evaluate the type of service that we are extending to our guest on a daily basis. We would like to offer our apologies that your stay was not the best to say the least. The hotel was indeed going through renovation during time of check-in and has been completed. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to host you again.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 4 yr old and 6 yr old. We booked through a travel site and when we got there they said they didn't have any doubles, they'd have to give us a king and a roll-away, but then after a couple minutes of checking, said that they would upgrade us to a double on the Club Level (floors 30 and up) for no extra charge. They provided a cute little activity book and crayon box for the kids! Very accommodating. Club Level double room was quite nice, fabulous view, and VERY quiet rooms (no outside street noise, no elevator noises, etc.) The lounge area on the 31st floor was extremely spacious, again, great views and very quiet and relaxing. Hotel is centrally located, concierge service was extremely helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. Loews Loves Kids! I am happy to see that we were able to upgrade and accommodate your specific room request and more. Our staff of service professionals makes sure every guest stay becomes a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I go to Philadelphia more than ten times a year, and always stay at Loews if it's available, even though there are a few hotels a little closer to my work and even though Loews doesn't give you points good for free stays (which would be nice...). Why? (1)everything is always clean, modern, and works; (2)large rooms, large bathrooms; (3)new renovation has really made the rooms even better, with modern furniture, better outlets, iPhone chargers, etc.; (4 through 10)the staff just goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed and catered to -- and that was true before I was a regular. On a consistent basis, it is one of the friendliest hotels I've every stayed in -- surprising how much of a difference that makes.

Room Tip: The high rooms have a great view in all directions, as this is one of the tallest buildings in Cente...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a loyal Loews guest. It is reviews like yours that makes us stand proud. We like to hear how we are the “friendliest hotel in town”. We agree our fourteen million dollar room renovation has made our rooms even better in exceeding our guest expectations. Thank you and come back soon.

Washington, DC
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We booked a room here for a Friday night a few days in advance - using credit card points. I expected to be put in a room on a low floor looking out on an alley, but instead found we had a beautiful, spacious room on the 28th floor with a wonderful view of the city. Every member of the staff we encountered was extremely courteous, friendly, welcoming and helpful. The 5th floor fitness center and pool were outstanding - large, clean, and well-equipped. The 2 lane lap pool was excellent for lap-swimming, unlike most hotel pools. The mini-fridge and Keurig coffee maker in the room were a nice convenience. Bottled sodas from the vending machines were reasonably priced at $1.25. The location of the hotel was great - close to many restaurants, stores, and Reading Terminal Market. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to return in the future!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a high floor with a city view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your stay at Loews Philadelphia hotel. At Loews Philadelphia hotel we treat every guest the same; whether you are paying with your credit card points, credit card or through a third party. We are here to provide a service and we are pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations; from our friendly staff to our excellent spa/ health club. We can’t wait for your return.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I had stayed at the Loews Philly this past weekend. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms had clearly been recently renovated. We asked for room higher up and were moved from 9 to 25 with incredible views of the city in two directions.

Every request we had was immediately met. They even brought us Champagne glasses in under 5 minutes, and this was with a packed hotel (there must have been at least two weddings there, plus a ton of conventioneers besides regular guests).

The staff were all really friendly from the doormen to the bartenders. Being around the corner from sports store Mitchell and Ness, didn't hurt either.

Room Tip: Definitely asked for a higher up floor, they will happily accommodate you!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
What a wonderful review. We are so ecstatic that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. Our motto is “we aim to please”. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.