“Great stay..perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Laurel, Maryland
“Great stay..perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here a few nights and it met and exceeded many of my expectations. The staff here is great and the concierge is very knowledgeable and helpful. Rooms are clean and quiet, but some aspects could be updated (furniture w/scratches, bathrooms a bit worn). Location lets you get to lots of good restaurants in center city within walking distance. Will stay here again when I come to Philly, especially as the Loews loyalty program has some great perks once you hit certain levels (which is pretty easy).

Room Tip: Staff seems happy to upgrade you to better floors/rooms if you ask and they have availability.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Randy F,
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to have exceeded may of your expectations and will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (943)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a great hotel with superb service and an extraordinarily nice heated indoor swimming pool. The room was spacious, immaculate, and quiet. The employees are fantastic. The location is perfect. I'd booked way ahead through Hotels.com, did not expect a premier room, but was thrilled to be allocated one on the 30th floor. I hope to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and thank you so much for choosing the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We hope to see you back again in the near future.
Selden, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is right in the middle of Philly,lots of great restaurants and history right nearby .Room was very good sized,very clean,more towels in the room than most properties. i usually end up asking for extra ones but not this time.Towels were also actually soft,I mention this because I have experienced some hotel towels that were more like sandpaper than towels. The staff was very friendly,helpful always a hello,good evening,etc. The elevators can be a little confusing if you are not paying attention,but not too bad. Their is an adjoining parking garage that is convenient and easy to get in and out of. I think it was $36 for the full stay,in and out as much as you like. Only a couple minor issues,the VERY loud girls who were yelling in the hall at 2 am,waking up the world(not the hotels fault really),and the slightly confusing elevators.It did seem like there was some kind of construction going on as well,but these things happen.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 18th floor,great views of downtown Philly
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Justmemat
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We are always pleased when we receive a review such as yours and thank you for choosing the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Myersville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Once a year I travel for work. I go to a different city each year and the trip is a long one...eight days. So, the hotel I stay in does make a difference. It becomes, temporarily, my home. I have learned, over the years, to moderate my expectations. I expect clean and hope for quiet. The Loews Philadelphia blew me away. From the moment I set foot in that hotel, I received excellent service. Every single employee I encountered was polite and determined to help me. My room was not only clean, it was beautiful in design and decor. The dining area was lovely and the meals were top-notch. I cannot praise the hotel management and staff highly enough. The one negative experience I had was quickly turned into a positive and it can give you an idea of why this hotel is a cut above the competition. I ended up parking at the hotel for one night. Parking is quite expensive in downtown Philadelphia so it was a steep price. I waited for my car to be brought up for several minutes while I watched people who came in after me picking up their cars. Eventually I flagged down an employee and asked what was taking so long. He checked and found out that my ticket had been misplaced and my car was never flagged to be brought up. He came to tell me this and said: "I apologize. That should not have happened. I'm refunding your parking fee." And he did. No checking with management, no excuses. Very impressive. If you're downtown Philadelphia for any reason, do yourself a favor and stay at the Loews.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with one queen bed on the 30th floor. The view was spectacular. One entire wall...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tranderson98
Wow, you blew us away with such a great review and recommendation and are thrilled to have exceeded your expectations. The essence of what we strive to do here at the Loews Philadelphia is to make our guests feel like they are at home. , we look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to serve you again in the future at any of our Loews Hotels.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

First and foremost the young man who helped us at bell hop when we arrived on wed night was great!! He was so nice and very personable. Everyone at the front desk was also nice. Our room was spacious and allowed our dog to stay, so that was a big plus. Now on to the negative...I have never in my life encounterd a rude and unpleasant concierge, I mean, a concierge is supposed to be extra friendly. I went to concierge to ask for a dinner recommendation. The first person I spoke to was part of security so I waited for the cocierge girl to finish with the person she was helping. Well, in heinsight, I should have let security help me. The person at concierge couldn't reccomend a resturaunt to me because 'she didn't eat that type of food'. Really?!? Why would you even say that to me. Your job is to help guests with their request, not tell them you can't help. Her overall attitude was bad and she kept speaking over me when I started to talk. This encounter in itself gave me a bad read of Loews and I definitely will not be back.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StaceyLes
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I was surprised to read your comments regarding our employee, who is one of our best and truly regret that we did not handle things better. I will follow up with her manager to ensure such a situation does not recur. I do appreciate your kind words for our bellman and front desk staff. Thank you for choosing the Loews and do hope you will consider giving us a second chance.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Loews property in Philadelphia. Justin @ the door, Jamie @ the front desk & the outlets manager were amazing.
The restaurant had wonderful food and snazzy decor, the room was very comfortable. I can't remember our housekeeper's name, but she was super nice & very efficient.
Philadelphia is a Beautiful city and we would love to visit again:)

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We enjoyed reading your review and pleased you found our staff so amazing. We will be sure to pass this along to Justin and Jamie and their managers. Thank you for choosing the Loews and we hope to see you back with us soon.
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Suggestion: order from the menu Sunday morning. My friend and I did. She ordered the lox and bagel, which was a very large plate of capers, tomatoes, lox, onion cream cheese and large bagel, which she could not finish and was pleased with. I had the crab, eggs and potatoes. Lightly poached egg with small chunks of crabmeat under the egg and some under the potatoes. I was happy with this choice. The brunch offering looked, eh, ok.

The pool. 20 meters 2 lane is not bad for a downtown building. There was no chemical smell, but I've been soaking my suit for 2 days trying to reduce the chlorine smell. I am a lap swimmer and this is strong compared to my club. I suggest, if possible, to wet your suit first before getting in and hand wash using soap afterward.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Flyaway2day5019
Thank you for your review, we will pass your compliments to our chef. The crab hash is one of our most popular entrees for breakfast. We will be sure to investigate your comments concerning the chlorine mix in the pool and appreciate your suggestion.