“Good, convenient location in Philly”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our room was ready upon our arrival (around noon) and the location is fantastic - close to the Market East station (we arrived via Amtrak) and the Reading Terminal Market. Easy walk to the historic sites, shopping and other restaurants.

For us, the service at this hotel was not as friendly or genuine as at their Royal Pacific Resort location (our only previous experience with the brand). Could be due to the fact that this is a large convention hotel rather than a resort (tourist) hotel. Due to our previous experiences with the brand, we were slightly disappointed.

Overall Loews Philadelphia is a good, no frills hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TJHashi
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable insights concerning your recent visit with us here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed our location. I was disappointed you found our staff not as friendly. We take great pride in exceeding our guest’s expectations and making each visit with us one that is supremely comfortable. I will be sure to share your thoughts with all our department managers.

There are newer reviews for Loews Philadelphia Hotel

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed during the 4th of July week and had a wonderful time! We had an older teenager with us and it was very comfortable in the room. The hotel had a mix of families and business people. The staff was very helpful - from where to eat (Starbuck's is across the street) to where to go to see great fireworks. They put out cookies and lemonade in the afternoon in the lobby which was always a treat. It was also very convenient to everything. Reading Terminal was across the street where you could also catch the tour trolley. I also found out that it is also a dog friendly hotel. I saw a couple of people with their little dogs. I will totally stay here again and next time I am bringing my poodle with me!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Anna B

Dear Anna B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you had a wonderful time and found out staff so very helpful. And yes Loews Loves Pets so do be sure to bring your poodle with you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a conference last week. The hotel location is superb. It is right across the street from the convention center and Reading Terminal Market. It is within easy walking distance of the historic sites and Avenue of the Arts. The staff was excellent. The bellman was very friendly and helpful. The check-in process was quick and efficient. The room was a good size and had nice bathroom amenities. The room itself wasn't as clean as it could have been. I opened a drawer to find garbage (empty energy drink bottle, used papers, and chewing tobacco) in there that hadn't been cleaned out. Housekeeping took care of it when they were notified. The laminate on the desk and television area at first looked like it was dirty.l It turns out the black laminate was wearing through and it was the white underlayment that was visible. Restaurant and bar service was very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Todd Y

Dear Todd,

Thank you for your post! We are happy you found our location “superb” and our “staff excellent”. I will be sure to share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper. And we are please to inform you that we will begin room renovations in the fourth quarter of this year. We hope you will consider the Loews Philadelphia when you travel plans bring you back to our city.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Beautiful hotel in a great location for all the tourist stops.Staff were wonderful - couldn't do enough to help right from the get go. Special mention must go to Brandon who was a wealth of information!
The Solefood restaurant is very pricey and has a limited menu - my advice is to walk 2 mins across the street to Reading Terminal Market where you will get excellent, cheap local, freshly made food up to 6pm. The cops eat there so it must be good!
The lounge has local entertainers most evenings, folk, jazz. Gets busy but a nice atmosphere.
Apparently there is remodelling work going on but I didn't hear a thing. Ask for a higher floor - I was on 27 and had great views across the city.
To sum up - lovely warm welcome and beyond from great staff - made us feel valued. Great location for top tourist spots, pricey food but good alternatives on the doorstep, ultra clean and bright. I would recommend and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank aduncana
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We will be sure to share this with Brandon and the rest of our staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I came to Philadelpha for a convention with two friends of mine and I must say this hotel is outstanding. The staff members, from the garage, to the bellmen, to the front desk are phenomenal. Our bellman, Phil, stood out. He is the definition of customer service. The bar in the hotel is great, super friendly staff. Check in process and valet parking were a breeze. It's conveniently located blocks from reading terminal. There is a hard rock cafe, dunkin donuts across the street and plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Since we were in town for the convention we didn't explore too much but the room was a decent size. The view from our room was great, especially watching the sunset. We were on the 26th floor. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. If I ever have any business in Philadelphia, I know where I'm staying!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Neina A,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We will be sure to share your comments with Phil and the rest of our staff!

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I've been to plenty of four star hotels and resorts, and this is not a four star in my opinion. A 3-3.5 star, but not a 4.
Decor is looking worn--especially in the halls and lobby. Room was clean and staff seemed pleasant. Beds are super comfortable and the pillows were great, as well. I did visit the fitness center on site, and that was very nice--spacious and clean with lots of new equipment that suited my needs! It is on a relatively busy street, but this is center city, so it was as I expected. It is close to good restaurants and transit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Sara S,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you found our staff pleasant and our beds and pillows “super comfortable”. We are excited to announce new room renovations beginning in the fourth quarter of this year. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Location is pretty good, close to all areas including the "gayborhood." Checked in fairly late, so my regular room was upgraded to a club room. The room was typical, clean, standard room nothing special, the TV was old in today's modern high tech world. The wifi was extremely slow. The club room was pretty average an ordinary selection of breakfast items you would find at any midwestern motel, they were out of coffee, and even after I asked the stayed out of coffee. The furniture was very outdated, the view was good pretty amazing. Make sure you check your bill before departure, I was charged for the wifi, and it was to be included in the bill.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robtguy
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to post your comments on your recent stay with us here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I am sorry for error on your guest room bill and for the lack of coffee service. I will be sure to share your comments with our management team. We are pleased you appreciated our location to the “gayborhood”. I am happy to inform you that we are planning an expansive guest room renovation beginning in the fourth quarter of this year. Please let me know personally when your travels next bring you back to our city so I may assist with your reservations.