“Wonderful hotel but be CAREFUL with your events!”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I had a hard time deciding between three or four stars...all of my guests probably found it to be a four or five star trip but the stress I went through definitely deserves the three star rating.

I was lucky enough to marry the love of my life at Loews this year. It is a gorgeous venue that manages to keep the historical art deco feel while still seeming very modern. I also couldn't get over how friendly everyone was; from the front desk to the maids, everyone seemed genuinely excited for me and tripped pver themselves to make our time special.

The one thing that turned this event from a happy event into a stressful one was the woman who was in charge of our event, Nickoletta. She,like everyone else, was very sweet and very lovely, but she was incredibly disorganized and bordering on incompetent.She was supposed to be helping with the planning and instead I found myself having to remind her several times of different things and even then they wouldn't get done. A front desk manager had to arrange for my bridal suite and my parent's room...they weren't in the system and obviously hadn't been arranged for ahead of time. She created more work and stress for me at every turn, and while everything was eventually worked out, I would be very careful in using Loews (or maybe just Nickoletta) for your events.

I would love to stay here again for a vacation, but I'll be taking my events elsewhere..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,619)

Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was my first stay at any of the Loews chain of hotels, and I had such a great experience here that I'll look for them when I travel in the future.
From the moment I arrived at the hotel, the staff was exceptionally curteous and helpful, without being pushy. Despite the fact that I obviously checked in on a very busy day (there seemed to be several weddings going on), I was able to check in a little before the "regular" time without a problem, and the desk clerk was quick to recommend things to do in the area.
My room was spacious, well-appointed and very clean, as was the bathroom. They also had the most comfortable bathrobes of any hotel I've stayed in! I was on an upper floor, so the street noise was minimal, even though I faced Market Street.
I took advantage of the fitness centre, which has lots of new equipment and enough space so that you are not crowded with the other patrons. The meeting facilities were also very nice.

1  Thank RavensFlight
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We had a room with double queen beds. It was clean, spacious and pleasant. Beds were comfortable and enabled a good nights sleep. Hotel staff were exceptionally courteous and helpful. The hotel is both pet friendly and pet owner friendly. I can recommend Loews and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank CalgaryBridget
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Booked two rooms for a four-night business trip. We were assigned different-sized rooms on 12th floor. It was a fabulous sleep. The decor feels a bit harsh in the common parts and I didn't use anything except the wi-fi which was fine. But it was just incredibly comfortable beds, linen and pillows. The first thing my colleague and I both remarked on after the first night was this. I had a smaller corner room but it was great double-aspect windows to see the sun come up. Location is fine - overnight parking is cheaper a block down - about half price.

1  Thank Pippsyo
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed there for two nights and were very pleased with the hotel. The location was in walking distance to everything. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. Would stay again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joanneg5
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I couldn't be happier with this hotel. It's a renovated old art deco office building, and the authentic period touches make the place unique. The location couldn't be better too - right in the middle of things. The service was decent - 4-star standard.

I'm very glad I paid about $80 extra for a room upgrade. We were put in a corner room on the top floor with the most stunning night-time skyline view I've ever had. Unforgettable! I forget the name of the room category, but the corner rooms on the top floors are a very good choice, and worth the extra investment.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blurgeshmurg
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed here with a group and saw many different rooms. The corner room that I stayed in was huge and it had two double beds. Those are the way to go. The king room I saw was tiny. The corner room was huge compared with the others. This hotel is really nice and the decor is awesome. The lobby is scented and it smells really great. All of the staff I encountered were very helpful and the location is ideal if you need to be near the convention center as I did. It is also walking distance to a ton of great restaurants. There is free wifi in the lobby which includes the restaurant/bar. I would definitely stay here again. Tip: a cab to the airport was a flat rate at $28.50 + extras. But the trains go right to the hotel too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room