“Awesome Venue for a Wedding”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC
“Awesome Venue for a Wedding”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Loews is an awesome place to have a wedding. The view from the top was spectacular and the service was impeccable. Overall, it was a memorable location and I'd recommend it for anyone planning a wedding in Philadelphia.

The rooms are nice and up to date. The entire hotel itself has a unique sophisticated look, which we enjoyed. The location was superb in downtown Philadelphia and was a short, two block walk to Chinatown.

There was a slight hiccup in check-in when we got a Double instead of a King because we were unwilling to wait for the rooms to be cleaned, but the Doubles are comfortable enough for a couple to sleep.

There are the usual gripes about expensive hotels, the crazy parking prices, the lack of free wi-fi, but overall, we enjoyed our visit to the Loews immensely.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Shennell, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Congrats and Thank you for allowing us to be a part of a life changing experience. We wish you all the best.

Richard J. Staub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (965)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel from July 21-July 24. Impressive....far from it! Luxury....not even close. First of all, it is located in City Center, central downtown Philly, so you must use valet parking. I researched the hotel before I traveled so I knew this was my only option. Each day, I followed protocol, calling ahead 15 minutes from my room, got downstairs and waited 40 minutes or more for my car. At $35/day at a "luxury, high standard, customer service" hotel, this was poor. On one occasion, they asked to see my ticket 5 times as if they couldn't find my car. As a frequent watcher of "parking wars - Philadelphia version", this alarmed me immediately.
The cotton ball/cotton swab jar in the room was so dusty that I steered clear of it.
On my last night, my room was clean and serviced but they left me no wash cloths. I called the front desk 4 times in a hour to be told they were out of them and I would get some as soon as they got them. WHAT? A freaking "luxury" hotel that doesn't have wash cloths. You must be kidding me!!
The only good thing about the hotel is 24 hour room service which was very prompt and the concierge desk (all of them were kind, friendly, and accomodating).
Considering this is my second stay in Philadelphia in 6 months, I will never stay her again. It is not worth the luxury title!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Pam3018
Shennell, Executive Assistant Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you suffered during your recent visit to our hotel. The issues that you described with valet and housekeeping are not only intolerable but also humiliating. Please be aware that we have addressed these concerns with our leadership team so they will not be repeated. Loews Philadelphia Hotel values your business and our goal is to exceed guest’s expectation in all areas and in your situation we clearly failed to do that. I do hope you will accept our apologies.

Edean Kam
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We won a Priceline bid of almost $200 a night to stay at the Loews, which I always had respected as being an upscale hotel. I couldn't have been more wrong! Our room was full of broken items, stains, mold, and musty smells. The staff in the lobby and the bellmen were nice, but other than that, the experience was a waste of money. While we did purchase our reservations on Priceline for a discounted rate, we expected the same accomodations offered to all guests. I wouldn't be surprised if we were place in a special, "discounted" room. It was nasty. $200 a night is still a significant amount to pay for a room, and one would expect something clean, in working order, etc.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank yvebailey
Thank you for your thorough feedback and photographs. I am very sorry that your experience with us was not outstanding. Please know that all of our guests are treated equally whether you made your reservation on Priceline or through our Central Reservations. Loews Philadelphia prides itself on providing exceptional service and a clean room; and in your situation we did not do so well. I have spoken to our leadership team and please be assured that measures have been taken to ensure your situation is not repeated. Again, my sincere apologies.

Richard J. Staub
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed at the Loews Hotel in June with friends after a concert in Philadelphia. The hotel itself is not very obvious or flashy on the outside, but very up to date and sophisticated on the inside. The rooms are beautiful and modern and offer all the amenities you want in a hotel. We only stayed overnight and left early in the morning so we didn't do much other than sleep but I would certainly stay here again while visiting the city.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ach0717
Thank you for your kind comments about your experience at Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We hope to see you back again soon!

Edean Kam
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We took two of our grandchidren, ages 10 and 8 years old, for a vacation trip and spent five days in Philadelphia at the Loews. We stayed on the 32nd floor (great view of the city and July 4th fireworks); had Club benefits so breakfast included. Lots of fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, cream cheese, salmon. The Concierge desk provide wonderful tips on bus services, attractions, walking trails, museums. We took a walking tour of Independence Mall and learned so much about the history of this very friendly city. The kids relaxed in the pool most afternoons and the Loews always had some children's games set up in the lobby around 4:30 p.m. the only drawback is that Loews provides free internet service only in the lobby, you pay for it in your room.
Helen and Brian
Ottawa ON

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank HMCj
Hamilton
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Treated like kings and queens on arrival. They asked us if we would like a room with a view. Amazing service. Hotel in the heart of philli! We will now book Loews all the way if the service is that good

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Ivana88
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My colleagues and I stayed at the Loews for a large conference in Philadelphia and found that the hotel fell just short of our expectations for a 4-star hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and well-appointed. The hotel is within walking distance of the Convention Center, the Reading Market and public transportation. Historical sights, such as the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall are several blocks away but are still a comfortable walk.

The staff was friendly and accomodating, even helping our party to have adjoining rooms. We were concerned after a housekeeping visit when the staff rearranged our personal items and reorganized our shoes. This is the first time I have ever had to look in other parts of the room for the items that were on the nightstand!

This is a nice hotel in a great part of downtown Philadelphia, but I hesitate to rate it with 4 stars.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business