The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
GreenLeadersBronze level
princeton, nj
“true luxury”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We loved every minute at the Four Seasons Philadelphia. What really sets it apart is how kind and friendly the staff is. Every single person was so helpful and went the extra mile to make our trip special. True luxury - beyond the facility - is how you are treated, and this Four Seasons team really did a fabulous job.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear mstr0ng,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and namely that of your interactions with our staff! As you said, service is the essence of hospitality and luxury and we are so happy to know you experienced the best we offer.

We hope to welcome you back to Philadelphia soon!

Regards,
Christia Donohue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel is located in one of the better sections of town. It is a great place to stay for business, but I would probably not bring my family here. The rooms are luxurious, quiet, and comfortable, as one would expect for the FS. My friend and I stayed in one of the deluxe rooms. Beyond that, however, the rest of the hotel - although beautiful - is nothing special. For example, the gym and spa area is small and cramped. I don't think it is worth the price. You have to pay for internet access, parking, etc. Front desk and doorman were very friendly; however, the overall service was just a level below other FS hotels. I felt safe but it was a hassle to get anywhere without a taxi. Nonethelss, it was definitely one of the better places I've stayed at while on business, so I can't complain. The hotel is nice; just lacks the wow factor especially given the room rates.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear CAWorkingMom,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your business trip to our hotel. We're happy you were pleased with your room accommodations, but are sorry the service fell short to your experience at other Four Seasons hotels. We certainly strive to make every guest feel welcome and comfortable.

If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable should you come back to Philadelphia, please contact our hotel manager, Michael Nenner at Michael.nenner@fourseasons.com.

Regards,
Christia Donohue
Falls Church, VA
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We went to FS for 3 nights- the hotel had everything ready so that was good. We were handed our keys and I had to ask about the welcome gift for the kids (which is supposed to be standard). The man at the check-in asked us- oh you want that now? and then went to get the wagon and cookies. That wasn't great that I had to ask since if not then- when? in the hallway? That evening was Xmas and the lounge had a buffet seating until 6pm. I was aware of this and had called the restaurant ahead of time since we wanted a la carte (not the buffet). I asked about seating close to 6pm and was told by the hostess that it was buffet and they were still accommodating people., I explained we were here for 3 nights and had called before etc. She asked her manager and came back and said space was tight and that they didn't know when the lounge would be open but it would not be 6pm and they suggested Parc (which frankly was lame to suggest given it was 6pm on Christmas day and nothing was open- I am sure Parc was booked!). I asked to speak to the manager who first offered the open lobby to eat (for Xmas! not exactly cozy). After I said that being in an open space to eat was not what we had in mind for Xmas, he AGREED (why first refuse us, then offer a bad option and then agree?) and then made a space- everything was looking really good! The bus boy was attentive, the waitress was nice.. but then - no word from anyone that we had to search anyone for orders and the bill. We saw the manager the next day and he did not recognize me (despite having asked my name and introduced himself- shook hands) I just don't think that a hotel at this supposed 5 diamond level should fall short- other examples:
- breakfast- fast welcome, slow everything else- had to factor in over an hour - no complex orders
- pool- three full-time attendees- no robes and flooded areas, lockers taken by spa members that were not present, the showers were missing items and one day had hair in the drain. Keep in mind there were only 5 people the past 2 hours (in the whole pool) with 3 FT employees standing around the entrance.
- housekeeping- had to call at 3pm to clean the room. "turn down" was a joke- no idea since there was no difference.
-concierge was uneven as well- we asked once time about the car service and were almost reprimanded saying it was "first come first serve"- geez.. the older woman concierge was a lot better
-the hotel must have decided last minute to have a kids room with holiday themes and movies since we learned about it after leaving breakfast the second day. There was NO mention about it at check-in. We talked to another family that evening (after the kids day started) and they had just checked in and no one told them (I told the mom since I saw her at the lounge). Ironically, I had just read in USA today an article of the Ritz and other hotels catering to younger guests and wondered how the FS missed the boat.. I guess someone from this FS PHL hotel or HQ read the same article since it started the next day!
- Check out- I called the night before our check out to make sure some items were removed- well, they were not the next morning.

Overall, I cannot say this was what we expected at all. Just way too many service/issues- more so than any other hotel we have stayed at.

4 Thank ExAAemployee
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear ExAAemployee
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for the detailed feedback you shared on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I am so sorry to hear of the many gaps in service that you experienced and would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you a bit further. Please email directly at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com if you have a moment to discuss your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and hope you are enjoying the new year!
Warmest Regards,
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with our 3 kids for one night and the kids were looking forward to go swimming with us in the morning. Well, not so quick. The pool hours are very limited to kids. By the time the kids would have been allowed we were already gone. Big disappointment! This hotel has a very dog-friendly policy but not a kid-friendly! Next time in Philadelphia we will check out the Ritz-Carlton.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank markusrau
Dear markusrau,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry to learn of your experience with the pool and would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. Please email me directly at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com
I truly hope to hear from you at your soonest convenience.
Warmest Regards,
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have heard excellent things from friends about the spa at Four Seasons, but I just came from a frustrating experience. My first service was not what I requested. I had booked their best treatment and merely got the basic. I inquired several times about my next treatment, and the staff finally admitted that they could not provide the service listed on their website. The offer of a complimentary glass of champagne would not be a satisfactory substitute in my mind. Furthermore, they do not have a separate waiting area for the spa and seat you to wait in the pool. There were nine children at the pool on this visit and the constant "mom! Mom! Mom!" was the opposite of relaxing or spa-worthy. There are other hotels in the area that do spa well,so I would not recommend this location

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank JVN
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Greetings from the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia,
I am truly so sorry about the frustrating experience you encountered in the Spa. It is not acceptable that we were not able to provide a treatment which is offered on the website. Additionally the discrepancies with the treatment you had and the less than relaxing atmosphere are very disturbing for me to hear. I would like the opportunity to discuss you experience with you further. If you have a moment please email me directly at: sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com I truly hope to hear from you in the near future and I am sincerely sorry for the experience that you had.
Warm Regards,
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were in for the Army Navy Game. Being from the Philadelphia area we have fond memories and always like to stay at The Four Seasons when we are in town. It is the staff that keeps us comig back. As usual, it was a pleasant and relaxing experience. Unlike the previous reviewer we found the breakfast delicious and the the staff couldn't have been nicer. My son is a cadet and he was unable to stay through breakfast because he had to get to the field. The staff packed him up a nice breakfast, which he really appreciated (especially in view of the food quality at Licoln field). Even the room servoice was superb (and I rarely like room service food) However, the rooms need updating. I didn't notice it last year, but this year our suite loooked a bit worn and dated and the bathroom as well. Also, I was not happy about the $12.00 charge per device for internet. This is a pet peeve about all up market hotels, that they charge for something most hotels give for free, charging for each device is beyond the Pale. In any case I complained to the front desk and the charge was immeditely adjusted. All in all The Four Seaesons, you are a great place to stay ---- but get with the program and update those rooms.

1 Thank lclchloe
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons Philadelphia for a family wedding and would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff was great, from the bartenders to the room attendants everyone was very attentive to all of our needs. We had a room with a sitting area and a great view of Logan Fountain.

We also ate the restaurant for lunch, great food and not over priced.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple