“One of the best in Philly”

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for the Rolling Stones concert. ( The band was also guest at the hotel) Nice room with view of fountain, comfortable beds, nice restaurant. My wife used Spa service, very Professional. Room was well decorated. Location is not the best but good. Received excellent service at the restaurant. This is a great hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear JPN65,
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Philadelphia and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Warm Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton

Reviewed July 8, 2013

One night, 4th of July get away stay. Salt water pool was a nice surprise. Our room was clean, large, & comfortable. Hotel staff, each and everyone, was Five Stars. Terrific location for 4th of July Parkway festivities. The bed, linens, pillows and sound proofing = a First Class night's sleep.

This was a hot 4th, the AC kept pace. Good water pressure in shower.

This was a great getaway without having to fly away. This hotel will help us through the winter of 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms 207, 209, 211 - good view of Parkway. Always a quick elevator ride from lobby to room and bac...

Dear rakadsky,
Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for sharing your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. I am so glad you were able to celebrate the 4th of July with us here in Philadelphia!
Please contact me directly if I can assist with your future reservations.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very professional, well trained staff! Convenient , walking distance to many of the attractions. Fireworks visible on the 4th! Dinner at Fountain is a special experience. Deserves the high rating it has earned. Our spa experience was one of the best we've ever had. Overall a great 4th weekend.
This is a great hotel and worth the investment.

Dear WRon,
Thank you for spending the 4th of July Holiday with us at the Four Seasons Philadelphia! I am so glad you found the team here to be well trained and professional. I agree with you that dinner in the Hotel's Fountain Restaurant is a special experience. I am especially glad to know that you had a great Spa Experience.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Booked the hotel to beat the crowds for the fireworks on the parkway and for a mini staycation for my husband and I. The room/hotel did not disappoint!

We were welcomed with very tasty lemonade and we were on the 3rd floor with an awesome view of the Parkway fireworks from our Fountain View Room. Although we couldn't see the actual concert from the hotel (still needed to camp out on the Parkway), the fireworks were definitely in full view. The bed was super comfortable as well. The pool near the spa area is nice as well, the tempature is moderate and it is just big enough for a hotel pool. The hotel also uses L'occitane products in guest rooms, which is a nice touch. They had a kids room for families and a candy bar .The location is fantastic near the new Sister Cities Park, Franklin Institute, Barnes, Rodin and a few blocks from the Art Museum. Also in walking distance of shopping in Rittenhouse Square area. The only con was the breakfast at the Fountain Cafe, it was way overpriced for the quality we received. There are so many great breakfast places in walking distance from the hotel that I wouldn't invest in the breakfast there. I hear great things about the Swann Lounge brunch, which we haven't tried as of yet.

Room Tip: Definitely invest in the Fountain View Rooms if you are staying for July 4th.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear ElinorQ,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay over the 4th of July holiday! We're so glad you loved our location and had a great time viewing the fireworks. We're sorry you didn't have the best experience in the Fountain Restaurant. If you stay with us again, we hope we can WOW you with a delicious breakfast!

Best,
Christia Donohue

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A first class hotel that was let down by a few small minor oversights. The staff are very attentive, the hotel amenities are on a par with most other top class hotels and the room was nice but average. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever used, and the pillows were soft, fluffy and made sleeping easy. There were no shower caps and the bathroom was a bit small and pokey. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in room, but this seems to be fairly standard in most hotels in America. (something I think they should change). Breakfast was the usual fare and was nice but nothing spectacular. Dinner I can't comment on as I ate out. Overall a comfortable well appointed hotel that I would use again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear stale55,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Philadelphia and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am very glad that you found the beds to be "the most comfortable" you have ever used! That is a wonderful compliment and I am glad that you enjoyed your room. I also appreciate your feedback about the shower caps and tea and coffee maker as this is helpful information for our team to consider at this hotel. Please contact me directly if I can assist you with a future reservation with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

July 5th 2013
We had just checked into the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia and were greeted professionally by the person at the front desk . We had a suite and it had beautifully appointed furniture. Everything seemed perfect and I was looking forward to enjoying the next three days with my girls in this luxiourius suite with a beautiful view of Logan's Square . I was just about to get into bed and as I walked towards the bed I was cut off by a fast scurrying little creature that stopped me in my tracks. I yelled so loud that I think I was heard right down to the lobby from the eighth floor where I was staying . The housekeeping staff were just outside my room as they were coming to set up the extra bed. One of the staff personelle who was so kind and went beyond the call of duty came in the room and started chasing this large cockroach . He finally caught it without killing it . Not sure why as he may believe in insects rights . He told me that he will put in in a jar to show to his manager. The hotel manager soon came up apologizing profusely and immediatly upgraded us to an even bigger suite. Although this was very nice I am now just sitting here worrying about going to bed and waking up to stepping on a not so friendly intruder in the night ??!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Suzieqcindy
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Suzieqcindy,
Thank you so much for staying at the Four Seasons Philadelphia and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed the service at the hotel and that you were happy with your suite and the view of Logan's Square. I am truly so sorry to hear of the situation with the roach; I understand it must have been extremely upsetting. I would like the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. Please contact me directly at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com so that I may provide further assistance.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Philadelphia and I stayed 5 nights at the Four Seasons - had high expectations from what I had heard about this hotel. The hotel definitely lived up to its expectations in terms of service - every member of the staff (doorman, room service, front desk, housekeeping, etc.) went out of their way to assist me, make me feel welcome, and take care of my needs. Really exceptional service!
Beautifully appointed and pristine main lobby, fitness/spa/pool areas, and common areas/hallways. I stayed in a fountain-view room, and while the view of Logan Fountain was great (esp at night), I was not impressed by the room. Standard chain hotel layout, outdated/a bit worn and no design. I have stayed at several luxury properties over the last few years (a bit more expensive however) and was expecting something more special and with the kind of small touches/amenities that make it one step above the rest (complimentary hotel bottled water, specialized toiletries, lint roller, etc.)The bathroom was the biggest disappointment - small standard hotel tub, plastic wastebasket, and phone (really - in this day and age?). On a positive side, bed, bed linen, and pillows AWESOME (towels and robes nothing special however in terms of linen quality), very quiet (actually slept amazing at this hotel!), great views, and service to my room (housekeeping, room service, and newspaper delivery) met my high standards.
Pool and hot tub area were terrific. 2nd best pool area I have experienced on my travels. The hot tub was amazing - the largest I have been in and really hot water, which I prefer. Pool was on the cool side, but comfortable, and I REALLY appreciated the adults-only hours from 8-10 each evening. Area was well-appointed, maintained, and relaxing.
Had a 1 hour spa pedicure as well, but truthfully was disappointed. Have actually had better experiences at spas in Montana (for some reason this just seems wrong!). The pedicurist and spa staff were wonderful - so friendly and helpful (service is the top billing for this hotel), but was stuck in a windowless room for my pedicure in the spa hallway that made it noisy. Also, sat in a regular chair (not one of those massage chairs with a whirlpool tub for your feet) with my feet in a plastic tub with lukewarm water. Treatment was good, and my nails looked great, just wasn't special or relaxing. And it may seem like I'm being particular, but the scrub and lotion for my feet were kept in those little plastic containers that restaurants put dressing in for you - tacky?
Room service was great - if not incredibly overpriced. Room service staff was fantastic, meals were delivered quickly and correctly, and well-appointed room service tables. Food was great (try the rigatoni, cheese plate, and meyer lemon tart), large portions, and loved that they served Mighty Leaf Teas. Also ate in the Swann Lounge twice - fantastic service, décor, and food (expensive though for what you get).
Had a great stay overall and would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a fountain-view - it is worth the extra cost. Usually I don't like rooms on th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank travelgirlMontana

Dear travelgirlMontana,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Four Seasons Philadelphia. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the service provided to you throughout the hotel as well as the view from your guest room. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room itself as well as with the room which your pedicure took place in. I would love the opportunity to discuss your feedback a bit further. Please contact me directly if you have a moment at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com. Your feedback is extremely valuable in our continued effort to exceed guest expectations. I sincerely hope to hear from you in the near future.