This was my first trip to Philadelphia and I stayed 5 nights at the Four Seasons - had high expectations from what I had heard about this hotel. The hotel definitely lived up to its expectations in terms of service - every member of the staff (doorman, room service, front desk, housekeeping, etc.) went out of their way to assist me, make me feel welcome, and take care of my needs. Really exceptional service!
Beautifully appointed and pristine main lobby, fitness/spa/pool areas, and common areas/hallways. I stayed in a fountain-view room, and while the view of Logan Fountain was great (esp at night), I was not impressed by the room. Standard chain hotel layout, outdated/a bit worn and no design. I have stayed at several luxury properties over the last few years (a bit more expensive however) and was expecting something more special and with the kind of small touches/amenities that make it one step above the rest (complimentary hotel bottled water, specialized toiletries, lint roller, etc.)The bathroom was the biggest disappointment - small standard hotel tub, plastic wastebasket, and phone (really - in this day and age?). On a positive side, bed, bed linen, and pillows AWESOME (towels and robes nothing special however in terms of linen quality), very quiet (actually slept amazing at this hotel!), great views, and service to my room (housekeeping, room service, and newspaper delivery) met my high standards.
Pool and hot tub area were terrific. 2nd best pool area I have experienced on my travels. The hot tub was amazing - the largest I have been in and really hot water, which I prefer. Pool was on the cool side, but comfortable, and I REALLY appreciated the adults-only hours from 8-10 each evening. Area was well-appointed, maintained, and relaxing.
Had a 1 hour spa pedicure as well, but truthfully was disappointed. Have actually had better experiences at spas in Montana (for some reason this just seems wrong!). The pedicurist and spa staff were wonderful - so friendly and helpful (service is the top billing for this hotel), but was stuck in a windowless room for my pedicure in the spa hallway that made it noisy. Also, sat in a regular chair (not one of those massage chairs with a whirlpool tub for your feet) with my feet in a plastic tub with lukewarm water. Treatment was good, and my nails looked great, just wasn't special or relaxing. And it may seem like I'm being particular, but the scrub and lotion for my feet were kept in those little plastic containers that restaurants put dressing in for you - tacky?
Room service was great - if not incredibly overpriced. Room service staff was fantastic, meals were delivered quickly and correctly, and well-appointed room service tables. Food was great (try the rigatoni, cheese plate, and meyer lemon tart), large portions, and loved that they served Mighty Leaf Teas. Also ate in the Swann Lounge twice - fantastic service, décor, and food (expensive though for what you get).
Had a great stay overall and would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Logan is an independent hotel that blends sophistication with modern luxury. As Philadelphia's hotel we are a social hub in the heart of the cultural district, complete with outdoor living spaces and unique culinary experiences. We share the story of this great city through our inspired design features and locally curated art collection. Located on historic Logan Square, The Logan Hotel is within easy walking distance to Museums, galleries and the Franklin Institute. This modern luxury hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites, over 14,000 square feet of event space, full service Spa & Fitness, Urban Farmer Steakhouse, The Commons Lobby Bar and the city's biggest and best roof top bar, Assembly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Seasons