“One of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My son and DIL gave us a night at this hotel as part of our Christmas present. It is certainly one of the best hotels we have stayed in. EVERY employee is remarkably pleasant and helpful. Everything is spotless. The decor is beautiful and the bed luxurious. Location is great for almost anything in downtown Philly. Could not ask for more in this city.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your time in Philadelphia and at our beautiful hotel. We hope to be your host you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

FS is one of the nicer hotels in the city, but Philadelphia is not really a city for hotel lovers. Room decor and lobby decor is in need of a major upgrade. Room service was very nice. Brunch at the Fountain Restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our Food and Beverage staff regarding your experiences throughout your stay. We hope to see you again and appreciate you making our hotel you address in Philadelphia, have a wonderful new year!!

Kind Regards,
Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Four Seasons is a good hotel with most amenities you would expect. I was taken aback a bit when I found out that $49 was the daily charge for my car. I was more disappointed by the service in the Fountain restaurant both at breakfast and at dinner; it took more than an hour for us to see the first piece of food when we sat down for dinner and service at breakfast was not much faster. When I sat down for breakfast and ordered my breakfast items as soon as the waitress showed up, she responded by ignoring what I said, pouring coffee (which I did not want right away) and saying that she would be back for the breakfast order; eventually, I had to ask for a new fresh cup of hot coffee as my coffee was quite cold by the time the food turned up. When I asked the dinner waiter about something on the menu, his response was: "I've already answered that question on the other side of the table earlier; perhaps I did not speak loud enough", in a very sarcastic tone. Twice I attempted to ask the concierge a question, but there was noone there. Sorry, but that is not what I expect from a five star hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DCTravelerG
Tomas V, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear DCTravelerG,

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to apologize for not providing the expected Four Seasons experience. Reading through your comments I learned that many things went wrong and the service we provided was certainly not up to our standards.
Rest assured that I will follow up with the team on every single point you brought up.
Would you be so kind and contact me via e-mail to discuss your stay in detail?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed overnight for a holiday party for my company Dec 14 2012. The food was awesome and the staff was excellent. The mattress in our room felt like we were sleeping on clouds. I live in the city so would never think about staying there but since visting i am planning to book a night for my upcoming anniversary.

Room Tip: Ask for higher level. we were on the second floor and it kind of felt like we were too close to the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chant823,

Thank you for posting your review! I was truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed the food as well as service. Did you know that you can actually purchase our Four Seasons bed?
If you are interested please send me an e-mail.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for your anniversary stay and make it very special. Please do not hesitate to contact me to make special arrangements.

Thank you for your feedback!

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay in Philadelphia quite a bit for business, and as compared to all the other hotels in the area, I can say that this Four Seasons is one of the top choices.

Room: The rooms are well appointed and the furniture has been maintained very well. The bed is comfortable, and I slept well.

Room service: While room service can be a bit more expensive as compared to other chains, the food was pretty good and presented very well.

Service: Staff is consistently attentive, whether you are dealing with the kitchen, spa or front desk.

WiFi: Internet access is important to me when traveling for business. At this hotel, you can choose the lowest level of access for no charge, so I expected that performance would be lacking because there were other options that came with an additional charge. However, the free option worked very well, and I was able to work easily from my room.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 888Main
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It brings us such pleasure to hear you were able to enjoy every aspect of your visit with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed a dozen Four Seasons and while the overall quality is high, this hotel is not on the same level of the average Four Seasons. Having said that, it is still a very good hotel, in a great location and the staff service was excellent. The rooms are in need of updating, and the sparse furniture is more in-line with a Marriott hotel. The check-in experience was good. We only stayed one night so can't comment on cleaning staff. We did use the spa and I would say it was rather disappointing. The spa is shared with the gym and I do mean shared. You walk within 5 feet of the people on the treadmill to go change and then the room for our spa treatment (couples massage) was actually upstairs on our room floor so we had to enter the elevator in our robe, go up and into a room 2 doors down from our room. Strangest spa experience for me. Spa shouldn't define a hotel but I would warn others thinking about using it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fishprince
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Fishprince,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us. We're currently in the planning stages of doing some work to freshen the hotel product. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and with the planned work for later this year our product will match as well.

Please contact me in the future for reservations and I would be more than happy to assist and explain the work that is being done.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel we felt welcomed and pampered. Our toddler was treated like a princess and she absolutely loved it. Hotel offered us a hotel car to bring us to local restaurant. Room service was good. Staff was so friendly! Only slight disappointment was the famous hotel restaurant, but I guess we had too high expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear karinli,

I was pleased to learn that your family enjoyed the stay with us. Your daughter certainly deserves the be treated like a princess.
I apologize for not meeting you expectations in the Fountain Restaurant. I would like to hear more details about your experience. Would you be so kind and e-mail me?

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Tripadvisor.