“Above and beyond any other hotel in Philly”

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I travel to Philadelphia, on business, three or four times a year. The Four Seasons is my favorite hotel there. (by far) The beds are luxurious, the rooms are quite and spacious and the location is perfect! You can easily walk a few blocks to some of the best restaurants and shopping in Philly. Oh, and it doesn't SMELL like a hotel!!! This may sound like an odd reason to love it, but for those of you who travel a lot, you know what I mean!! I also love all of there special touches - last week they had hot cider in the lobby. After working a long day, it was so special to have a nice treat the moment I got back to the lobby. I love it here!!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear that our hotel is your address of choice when staying in Philadelphia. As we know many of our guests are travelling for business we always try to add little touches to make them feel at home! I will be sure to share your compliments with our food and beverage team. We look forward to hosting you when you make your next trip to Philadelphia.

Best Regards,
Assistant Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was here for a conference but decided to stay an extra day. The exterior of the hotel is not impressive but the staff were stellar. From the doorman to the front desk, everyone I encountered were courteous, gave a genuine smile, and so helpful. There are two restaurant/bars and I had a feeling this Four Seasons catered to conferences, weddings and other events rather than just tourists.

LOCATION: Being on Logan Square made sightseeing convenient. The Big Bus Tour makes a stop just a few steps from the entrance. Just several blocks away you can find great shopping, restaurants, pubs/bars, and cafes. It's also fairly close to Reading Terminal Market, which I would recommend for lunch.

HOTEL: The interior was pleasant, nothing too over-the-top (although I like that too). The restrooms in the lobby could use a bit updating. Coffee is complimentary in the lobby in the morning. I wish they had a little snack bar to purchase a cup of coffee in the middle of the day or grab an apple.

ROOM: Spacious rooms with nice bedding. I appreciate good sheets. Room service was quick and hot. I also liked the TV system. Like many hotels, you can choose from a variety of options rather than just TV. I don't know how often they vacuum though, because we had a dead cricket near the desk for 5 days.

FOOD: We had lunch twice and dinner once at the hotel. Food was excellent but service during lunch wasn't what I have grown accustomed to when staying at a 5-star hotel. I guess I feel I should not have to ask for more water or have someone take away the empty sugar packets.

All in all, I would stay here again if I went back to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Logan Square but not near any intersections.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travels_by_Anna
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Travels_by_Anna,

Thank you for the very detailed and insightful review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will make all the necessary adjustments to our Housekeeping and restaurant service. When you do return to Phildaelphia, please contact me directly for assistance.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fantastic hotel. I was in room 630 and had a great view of a lovely fountain. The food was fantastic. The house keeping staff and doormen were wonderfully polite and kind. The room was clean and in great condition. All and all the trip was fantastic and I enjoyed my stay very much. I'd be happy to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride in our product and the level of service we provide our guests and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to share your compliments with both our housekeeping team and doormen. We hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you come to Philadelphia.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Perfect central location close to multiple excellent museums, a couple blocks from the exceptional shopping district on Chestnut Street including Boyd's and Blue Sole Shoes, and a easy walk past the magnificient City Hall, through Chinatown district into the birthplace of our independence and Ben Franklin's haunts; wonderful service; excellent restaurant; and fine rooms.

Room Tip: The people at the frojnt desk are very accomodating
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! We are so happy to hear that you believe we are perfectly located... in fact, we tend to agree! We hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we can take great care of you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room had literally visible marks of wear and tear. The fridge was dinged! As in literally had a nice bend on top, scratches. The bathroom had a an interesting old room odor. Overall, very reminiscent of a hotel de la gare would be, cheap, efficient but nothing worth the $. Pool was v small too. THe bar and the restaurant were decent altho on the $$$$$$$ price range, as expected.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Crissy10001
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Crissy10001,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms. Please know that we're currently in the planning stages of addressing the room decor. I would like to speak with you further if possible if you wouldn't mind providing me with more insight so we may address these shortfalls. Thank you for the feedback. We do use it as a tool to improve our service and room product for our guests. Please contact me at your convenience. You can reach me at the contact information listed below.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
(T) 215-963-2742
(E) michael.nenner@fourseasons.com

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The service is most important to me when I travel. We travel frequently. The staff was friendly and attentive. Room service was fast and the food was delicious. The spa and lap pool were amazing. The hotel is close to all of the attractions or just a quick cab ride away. The Four Seasons has never disappointed me.They always treat our family as if we were VIP's.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was enormous with amazing views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Tomas V, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Jaimie,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We truly value your feedback.

We were pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and attentive. We will certainly share your comments with the room service and spa team. We are very proud of our employees as the do make a difference by providing personalized service.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family back.

Tomas

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Along with my partner stayed for a week at the Four Seasons at the begining of October 2012.
I won't bore you with long ramblings re colour of drapes etc as some reviewers tend to do but give you the view of guy who has demanding standards and likes value for money - we call it tight in Scotland.

Location - unbeatable everything you want to see is within walking distance.

Room - We had a superior room with a view of the inner gardens on the 8th floor - extremely comfortable bed, clean, spacious, shower worked perfectly, air con, television, mini bar (usual expensive prices did not use it - well I am from Scotland)
Overall well appointed although when booking I think I did request a room with a view of the fountain. Very quiet and a sound nights sleep guarenteed. There is an evening turn down service and the room is always tidy and cleaned.
Our own bathroom products were also laid out and tidied for us.
Complimentary choice of daily newspaper delivered to your room.

Hotel - very clean, fast lifts, free coffee in the lobby betwen 07.00 and 08.00, attentive and friendly staff without being overbearing. As with any large hotel it can give the feeling of being a bit impersonal but I am not not the most personal of guys so no problem. No issue with the decoration or any aspect of the hotel.
Check Out is 12 pm but as I had an evening flight and the hotel was not full I was given a complimentary extended stay until 3 p.m. Nice touch and appreciated.
I am not a big spender and look on vacations as exactly that a vacation and chill out time.
I relax wearing jeans tee shirts, sandles and shorts etc and do not always shave and can resemble a rough sleeper but I was extremely comfortable mingling with my more affluent guests and business users.
You did need a jacket and have to dress to use the main Hotel Restaurant for dinner if that is your thing.

Would I recommend this hotel - Yes
The bottom line is that it was what I expected.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and it was extremely quiet. It was a superior room so did cost a bit more th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank citydetective
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us we greatly appreciate your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you had a great nights sleep and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our turndown team. We are happy that we were able to meet all your expectations and hope that you will make our hotel your address for your next trip to Philadelphia.

Kind Regards,