“Worst of Four Seasons I ever stayed in”

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Worst of Four Seasons I ever stayed in”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The room had literally visible marks of wear and tear. The fridge was dinged! As in literally had a nice bend on top, scratches. The bathroom had a an interesting old room odor. Overall, very reminiscent of a hotel de la gare would be, cheap, efficient but nothing worth the $. Pool was v small too. THe bar and the restaurant were decent altho on the $$$$$$$ price range, as expected.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Crissy10001
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Crissy10001,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms. Please know that we're currently in the planning stages of addressing the room decor. I would like to speak with you further if possible if you wouldn't mind providing me with more insight so we may address these shortfalls. Thank you for the feedback. We do use it as a tool to improve our service and room product for our guests. Please contact me at your convenience. You can reach me at the contact information listed below.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
(T) 215-963-2742
(E) michael.nenner@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The service is most important to me when I travel. We travel frequently. The staff was friendly and attentive. Room service was fast and the food was delicious. The spa and lap pool were amazing. The hotel is close to all of the attractions or just a quick cab ride away. The Four Seasons has never disappointed me.They always treat our family as if we were VIP's.

Room Tip: Our corner suite was enormous with amazing views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tomas V, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Jaimie,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We truly value your feedback.

We were pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and attentive. We will certainly share your comments with the room service and spa team. We are very proud of our employees as the do make a difference by providing personalized service.

Looking forward to welcome you and your family back.

Tomas

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food&Beverage
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Along with my partner stayed for a week at the Four Seasons at the begining of October 2012.
I won't bore you with long ramblings re colour of drapes etc as some reviewers tend to do but give you the view of guy who has demanding standards and likes value for money - we call it tight in Scotland.

Location - unbeatable everything you want to see is within walking distance.

Room - We had a superior room with a view of the inner gardens on the 8th floor - extremely comfortable bed, clean, spacious, shower worked perfectly, air con, television, mini bar (usual expensive prices did not use it - well I am from Scotland)
Overall well appointed although when booking I think I did request a room with a view of the fountain. Very quiet and a sound nights sleep guarenteed. There is an evening turn down service and the room is always tidy and cleaned.
Our own bathroom products were also laid out and tidied for us.
Complimentary choice of daily newspaper delivered to your room.

Hotel - very clean, fast lifts, free coffee in the lobby betwen 07.00 and 08.00, attentive and friendly staff without being overbearing. As with any large hotel it can give the feeling of being a bit impersonal but I am not not the most personal of guys so no problem. No issue with the decoration or any aspect of the hotel.
Check Out is 12 pm but as I had an evening flight and the hotel was not full I was given a complimentary extended stay until 3 p.m. Nice touch and appreciated.
I am not a big spender and look on vacations as exactly that a vacation and chill out time.
I relax wearing jeans tee shirts, sandles and shorts etc and do not always shave and can resemble a rough sleeper but I was extremely comfortable mingling with my more affluent guests and business users.
You did need a jacket and have to dress to use the main Hotel Restaurant for dinner if that is your thing.

Would I recommend this hotel - Yes
The bottom line is that it was what I expected.

Room Tip: I was on the 8th floor and it was extremely quiet. It was a superior room so did cost a bit more th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank citydetective
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us we greatly appreciate your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you had a great nights sleep and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our turndown team. We are happy that we were able to meet all your expectations and hope that you will make our hotel your address for your next trip to Philadelphia.

Kind Regards,
Ekrem Koroglu
Assistant Director of Rooms
UK
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel, sadly for only one night. The service really is 5*. Having read some of the other reviews, I agree about the hotel looking a little tired in places..but it is hardly major stuff. When you consider that for what you pay for the night ($179 in my case) this would probably get you a shoe box in London you can't go wrong.
The rooms are spacious, clean and well equiped. The only thing missing is a coffee machine but hey hardly a major issue. The shower was pretty useless, but then I have found that with US hotels this seems to be a common theme, either that or I am staying in the wrong hotels!

I liked the Four Seasons, it was warm, friendly and the staff really make this hotel. Top marks (but get the showers fixed!)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Fountain
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Firstclasschick,

Thank you for staying with us in Philadelphia and we really appreciate your comments. We're working on a plan to enhance our guest rooms and we appreciate your valued feedback about our showers. Our rooms are spacious with fantastic views and we appreciate the mention of this great feature.

Our warm and friendly staff will be delighted to welcome you back to Philadelphia in the future and please contact me for assistance with reservations.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We have stayed at the Four Seasons hotels many times, and have always had absolutely wonderful experiences. Nothing is ever a problem. Our family has spent many great weekends
at the Four Seasons , Philadelphia. The location in the museum district is great, the hotel is beautiful and well laid out, the food has always been excellent and the service has always been amazing. Because of our proximity to Philadelphia and our positive experiences there over the years, we decided to have our daughter's wedding there.
We were introduced to Elizabeth Knox, head of catering, what a gem!! Elizabeth is the calm
amidst the storm. She is a super hard working perfectionist, and nothing is ever a problem.
If we went on our lap top to design a person to plan and oversee a wedding, it would be Elizabeth. Our daughter's wedding was perfect in every way. The food was absolutely delicious
and the service and oversight were meticulous, unobtrusive yet incredibly efficient. This venue is not inexpensive to say the least, but it was worth every penny to be able to sit back and enjoy the occasion, have it run flawlessly, and see the happiness in our daughter and son-in-law's eyes, that will be everlasting. Franky, could go on for pages about how great everything was from the planning stages to the event; suffice it to say if you can afford to
have a celebration here you will not be disappointed.
We are not free spenders, and tend to be somewhat critical--but all we can say is that this event was absolutely perfect.
Thank you Elizabeth Knox and Four Seasons Philadelphia

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are so very happy to hear about your daughter’s wedding experience. We are so very proud of our catering staff and the care and attention they provide to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed three nights at the Four Seasons while I attended a conference in Philadelphia. I arrived into the city around 10am and had a bunch of luggage and so I decided to stop at the hotel first to drop everything off and do a little exploring until it was check in time. When I arrived at the desk and explained that I would be checking in and asked if she could stash my luggage for a few hours she immediately offered me an early check in and told me that she could have a room available immediately! At 10am on a Saturday morning when the hotel is sold out - I was definitely not expecting this. Several of my colleagues were staying at the hotel next door and they weren't able to get into their rooms until after 6pm!

My room was just a standard room with a pretty sad view of 18th street - but I had a standard room and wasn't really expecting anything more. The room itself was very roomy and the bed was very comfortable. I unpacked my bags and put all of my makeup and toiletries in the bathroom. While I was out for dinner someone organized all of my makeup so it wasn't just all in a pile. Wow! Too bad they can't come and organize my bathroom at home! That was such an unexpected surprise!

The highlight by far was The Spa. I had made an appointment for The Fundamental package and arrived early so that I could take a dip in the pool and get nice and zen before my appointment. The facilities were beautiful and the girl at the counter could not have been sweeter. By far the spa highlight was Luis. I got a massage and a scrub and it was without question the best massage that I have ever had in my life. He is absolutely amazing! So professional and so accommodating. I would fly back to PA and stay at the 4 again just for another treatment like that one. Wow oh wow oh wow! Seriously - this man is amazing!

I was on a tight budget and knew that it would be a splurge to stay at the 4 but was hoping that I would be able to turn a work trip into a vacation and they far exceeded my expectations. I almost cried when I had to go to the airport! If I could just stay forever I would :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mary S
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. I’m delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will also make sure to share comments with Luis. He will be thrilled to learn that the treatment he provided was the highlight of your stay. Please come back to visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,
Ekrem Koroglu
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a great stay. Staff were attentive pad attention to detail was excellent. Breakfast was excellent, although background music was too loud. The guest room was comfortable and had a great view but did not represent what you would expect from a Four Seasons branded product.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank WREFLL
Tomas V, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear WREFFL,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I was pleased to read our staff were attentive to details and that you ejoyed yourbreakfast in the Fountain Restuarant. Thank you for letting us know about the volume of the background music! We will certainly review that.
Please let me know if you would be willing to discuss the room product with me. I would like to have more details. Please see below my contact e-mail and phone number.

Thank you again for such a valuable feedback!

Tomas