“Wouldn't it be nice to just live there?”

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Wouldn't it be nice to just live there?”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently stayed three nights at the Four Seasons while I attended a conference in Philadelphia. I arrived into the city around 10am and had a bunch of luggage and so I decided to stop at the hotel first to drop everything off and do a little exploring until it was check in time. When I arrived at the desk and explained that I would be checking in and asked if she could stash my luggage for a few hours she immediately offered me an early check in and told me that she could have a room available immediately! At 10am on a Saturday morning when the hotel is sold out - I was definitely not expecting this. Several of my colleagues were staying at the hotel next door and they weren't able to get into their rooms until after 6pm!

My room was just a standard room with a pretty sad view of 18th street - but I had a standard room and wasn't really expecting anything more. The room itself was very roomy and the bed was very comfortable. I unpacked my bags and put all of my makeup and toiletries in the bathroom. While I was out for dinner someone organized all of my makeup so it wasn't just all in a pile. Wow! Too bad they can't come and organize my bathroom at home! That was such an unexpected surprise!

The highlight by far was The Spa. I had made an appointment for The Fundamental package and arrived early so that I could take a dip in the pool and get nice and zen before my appointment. The facilities were beautiful and the girl at the counter could not have been sweeter. By far the spa highlight was Luis. I got a massage and a scrub and it was without question the best massage that I have ever had in my life. He is absolutely amazing! So professional and so accommodating. I would fly back to PA and stay at the 4 again just for another treatment like that one. Wow oh wow oh wow! Seriously - this man is amazing!

I was on a tight budget and knew that it would be a splurge to stay at the 4 but was hoping that I would be able to turn a work trip into a vacation and they far exceeded my expectations. I almost cried when I had to go to the airport! If I could just stay forever I would :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mary S
Ekrem K, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments. I’m delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will also make sure to share comments with Luis. He will be thrilled to learn that the treatment he provided was the highlight of your stay. Please come back to visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,
Ekrem Koroglu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a great stay. Staff were attentive pad attention to detail was excellent. Breakfast was excellent, although background music was too loud. The guest room was comfortable and had a great view but did not represent what you would expect from a Four Seasons branded product.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank WREFLL
Tomas V, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear WREFFL,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I was pleased to read our staff were attentive to details and that you ejoyed yourbreakfast in the Fountain Restuarant. Thank you for letting us know about the volume of the background music! We will certainly review that.
Please let me know if you would be willing to discuss the room product with me. I would like to have more details. Please see below my contact e-mail and phone number.

Thank you again for such a valuable feedback!

Tomas

Tomas Vlasek
Director of Food and Beverage
e-mail: tomas.vlasek@fourseasons.com
phone: 215-963-2734
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Great hotel with a professional staff that provides great service. They always call you by name and are very great a providing anything you need. Hands down the most comfortable beds of any hotel chain. Feels like you are sleeping on a cloud.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate the warm remarks regarding our staff. We feel very fortunate to have such a talented group of people. We were also happy to hear that you found our beds the most comfortable. Did you know that we accept special orders for our Four Seasons edition beds so our guests can enjoy them in their homes? Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would like get more information... We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Assistant Director of Rooms
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went to the the Spa at the four seasons for a facial and paraffin hand and foot treatment. What a treat. It is so calming, everyone is so nice. Desiree was great.
It was my birthday, and they gave me a little sweet treat to celebrate.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thanks you so very much for your comment! We are excited to learn that we were able to add a special touch to your birthday! We hope to be able to offer some pampering again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm starting to think that.... Other than the staff - which was extremely nice - and the cleanliness - this was hands down the worst Four Seasons I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at many). When I got to the room - it was about 95 degrees. I went to turn the TV on - it didn't work. The (kind) person from engineering came up and worked on it for 10 minutes (when all I wanted to do was rest before an evening meeting), then told me he had to go get a new cable or probably a TV. So problem solved? Nope. I get back and the remote control doesn't work. I watched the debate then was going to lay and just flip channels - but the remote took 30 seconds to change each channel. Finally - I said "let me just order a movie" (glutton for punishment I guess) and not only did it pull up the wrong movie (an adult one - thank God my kids weren't with me) the movie didn't even work (it took about 2 minutes to get through the leadin credits - which I wasn't really paying attention to and couldn't hear because there was no sound - to figure this out. This doesn't even mention the room service - which (not the service, but the food) was AWFUL. I swear the food I had on Amtrak on my way home was far superior (which is disgusting). So disappointing - it would take a lot to get me to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Best tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank N A
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear N A,

Thank you for the feedback regading your stay with us. Your experience is not the typical Four Seasons experience our guests receive! I'm so sorry to hear that you had some issues and your feedback allows us to address them with our team. I would like to speak with you directly if possible to get some more infomation. My phone number is (215) 963-272 or email at michael.nenner@fourseasons.com.

We appreciate your feedback and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Regards,

Michael Nenner
Hotel Manager
Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights in the Four Seasons in a sixth-floor premier executive suite in celebration of our anniversary this month. We had a beautiful corner suite with nice views of the Cathedral and Logan Square. From the time we arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the doormen and the bellhop, we felt like family. Everyone was very friendly, helpful, and you could tell their first priority was customer service. Our suite was large. And even being right off the street, it was surprisingly quiet. The king-sized bed was so nice and comfortable. High thread count sheets, plenty of pillows.

We had dinner the first night at Fountain Restaurant. It was fabulous .... first class dining. Perfect for special occasions. Before we arrived, the general manager Brent had suggested getting tickets to the Barnes Foundation. I tried the Barnes Foundation website, but there was no availability for the days we could attend. So instead, I bought tickets for the Philadelphia Museum of Art. I let Brent know that I tried unsuccessfully for the Barnes Foundation, but were looking forward to the other museum instead. After hearing this, he arranged for some tickets for us and we were able to see the Barnes Foundation as well!

The Four Seasons is a first class hotel, well deserving of it's five star AAA rating. We had a wonderful experience! Close to the major museums, The Philadelphia Museum of Art, The Franklin Institute, the Barnes Foundation, and within walking distance of many of the other sites. Made for a great anniversary weekend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brent M, General Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted you chose our hotel to celebrate your anniversary and I am so pleased we were able to help make your stay memorable and enjoyable. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of comfort and service to our guests and your positive comments are truly appreciated.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require assistance with reservations.

Brent Martin
toronto
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Four Seasons is beautiful. Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful. The doormen are always there with a smile to hail a cab or welcome you back. The concierge responds to requests immediately.
The spa is lovely and the pool is surprisingly big. There are a number of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance. If we go back to Philly, we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to post this wonderful review. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and every staff member you encountered was friendly and helpful! That is precisely what we strive to deliver everyday. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Assistant Director of Rooms