We've been staying here since the hotel opened in the 80's. It's not the glitziest FS but it's just a great place with consistently excellent customer service, year in an year out. The senior management is eager to please and takes very seriously any constructive thoughts we express. Likewise, they revels in knowing they've done a great job and appreciate our loyalty. Yes, perhaps there are newer, trendier spots. But the rooms at this FS are always immaculate, the staff is solicitous in an efficient way and follows though at every opportunity. Contrast to other high end hotels that apologies for mis- steps but never seem to correct them.
The rooms are spotless, pleasantly decorated and spacious. We generally book an executive Four Seasons Suite - a small suite with French Doors that separate living area from bedroom. Cozy and comfortable and really fresh. The sofa opens into a bed for a child. Perfect. Even the standard rooms are pleasant. I suppose I would try to avoid the rooms that face onto 18th (?) street lest you enjoy looking at hideous architecture in the form of an unfortunate hotel. I also like that the "courtyard", which some rooms face, is not a euphemism for a hideous walled in, internal "shaft" of interior rooms all facing each other. The courtyard is an open garden spot that is landscaped and faces an attractive office building at a very decent distance. It's an area that is attractive enough to host small outdoor cocktail parties or weekend bridal showers.
As has often been noted on this site, the bathrooms are old fashioned. And, in the negative, amenities for guests (especially return guests) has become very stingy over time. In years gone by we were treated to champagne or wine, large fruit bowls, cheese platters, etc. Now...you are lucky to receive a tiny plate of two small pieces of fruit OR a tiny plate with perhaps two cookies and a free bottle of water. On subsequent nights the water is not gratis. But it should be. It's basic.
Great selection of pay per view movies.
Maintenance is dispatched with alacrity if any little glitch occurs in the room from TV movies to a thermostat that might be setting the a/c at an ever do slightly cooler temperature.
Of course the hotel houses their famous Fountain restaurant. But room service and a movie is a delightful alternative to an expensive multi- course dinner.
It's just refreshing to be treated so well and listened to so caringly and attentively by the staff over the years.
The neighborhood is really not that inconvenient to the sights in the historic area or Rittenhouse. Even if you MUST take a taxi....the taxis are inexpensive in Philly. plus, if the iconic Franklin Institute, Science Museum and Art Museum are high on your list you are practically sleeping in them.
And one last thing: the view of Logan Circle and Ben. Franklin Parkway is a world class view.
Brent Michaels (the new GM) and his team are just great.
Lovely rooms in great condition, albeit very traditional decor, coupled with stellar service has had me coming back literally countless times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Logan is an independent hotel that blends sophistication with modern luxury. As Philadelphia's hotel we are a social hub in the heart of the cultural district, complete with outdoor living spaces and unique culinary experiences. We share the story of this great city through our inspired design features and locally curated art collection. Located on historic Logan Square, The Logan Hotel is within easy walking distance to Museums, galleries and the Franklin Institute. This modern luxury hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites, over 14,000 square feet of event space, full service Spa & Fitness, Urban Farmer Steakhouse, The Commons Lobby Bar and the city's biggest and best roof top bar, Assembly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Seasons