“Yummy fun in Philly”

Taste of Philly Food Tour
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Portland, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Yummy fun in Philly”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I took this tour with 2 other baby boomer aged women. Carolyn, the guide, is very knowledgeable. However her speech is rushed as though she is acting and has perhaps done this tour too many times. I understand how and why that happens but it could just use a bit less speed to be perfect. I thought we would have a larger quantity of food but I also understand that for $16 you don't get a meal.
The history of the market and the vendors was interesting.
There were only 3 of us and she called to confirm hinting that the group was too small and that she may cancel. I reminded her we had come from the west coast and were looking forward to the tour. So I am glad she agreed to do it for what may not have been a very profitable experience for her.

Visited October 2013
cookietollhouse, Owner at Taste of Philly Food Tour, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Firstgogirl:
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm sorry if I talked too fast for you! If told this at the time, I would have slowed down. (I know I can talk fast, having a lot I want to share about all the great foods in Philly and only limited time to talk about them!)
Still, I'm glad you generally found the tour interesting, yummy and fun!

Blackwood, New Jersey, United States
“Re-Visiting the Terminal ♥”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Kudo's to Betty & the Philly Food Tour for a most wonderful morning at the Reading Terminal. My daughter & I had such a nice time, learning & sampling a few of the vendors items. But what was so awesome, was the information and actually seeing some of the history (that this Phila native was not aware of) about the Reading Terminal. Also, she pointed out some of the long time merchants inside and acknowledged the vendors by name. We did eat right after the tour and we had an awesome lunch. This was a nice way to spend the cool September day. Thanks.

Visited September 2013
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic tour!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I were in Philly for our anniversary and were looking for good, inexpensive things to do. I found about the food tour on visitphilly.com. It is a great behind the scenes walking tour of Reading Terminal Market. We learned a lot of information about how food got started in Philly and got to sample some Philly favorites, such as pretzels and ice cream. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. I would definitely recommend this tour to others!

Visited June 2013
Dayton, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sooooooooooo much fun!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We really enjoy the food tour. Great History...great photo opportunities...great tastes of local foods...great guidance on local Philly food. We strongly recommend taking advantage of this opportunity for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Terminal Market. However, I didn't try the scrample.

Visited May 2013
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First trip to Philly - this was a great way to start!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My friend booked the Philly Food Tour last weekend. I had never been to Philly before and this was an entertaining, educational and delicious way to start off our Saturday. We had breakfast in the market before the tour - which I recommend, otherwise you'll be starving. Carolyn is very knolwedgeable and makes the tour very entertaining, complete with samples of ice-cream, soft pretzels and turtle soup.

I loved it!!!