“Best tour in Phili”

City Food Tours Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 19, 2009

This is a great tour to take. Not only did we learn a lot, we also had a great time. Our tour guide was very funny and very knowledgeable about the food as well as the city. I highly recomend this.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)
All reviews
"spend an afternoon"
in 34 reviews
"fun facts"
in 33 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed February 18, 2009

We had a lot of fun at this event! Robert and his gang are really fun. As one that already knows a lot about food science, culture and history, I stepped away knowing a lot more! The dialogue is funny and informative, the food delicious and the atmosphere was casual. I bet the food tours would be a great first date scenario or date in general. My fiance and I went to the tasting event and it was a nice Valentines Day activity, a little different from the norm and totally educational and fun. We will definitely do a tour together in the future!

1  Thank abigails
Reviewed February 18, 2009

For Valentine's Day this year, I wanted to do something different , not just go out for another traditional dinner. So when I saw the City Foods Aphrodisiac Tasting event, I thought that sounded interesting, fun, and something that would pique my husband's interest. I wasn't wrong. It was a different experience, romantic with a good dollop of fun and humor. We also learned a lot about the history and chemistry (pun intended!) of foods and nutrition, with some easy and tasty daily recipes thrown in. Although the event was held in a Home Store, the decorations and ambiance were inviting, including mood music. It was a little like being on Rachel Ray or Emeril's TV show, but more intimate and more entertaining. In all, I surprised my husband, we both had a good time which set the mood for the rest of a romantic evening. Thanks, Robert and Eric and the rest of your staff.

Reviewed February 18, 2009

My wife and I had a lot of fun at the Valentine Aphrodesiac Tasting event. The hosts were fun and interesting. I would definitely surprise my wife with another date through City Food Tours!