“Awesome Food Tour”

and up
Flavors of Philly Food Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I spent a great afternoon with my wife, eating the best local food that Philly has to offer. I also had a great tour guide (Christine) that taught me more about Philly than I ever learned before. The locations were enjoyable and the walk was great. You needed it in between spots. We had a great time and are looking to do more tours with this company.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,641)
All reviews
"fun facts"
in 33 reviews
"great afternoon"
in 29 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 42 reviews
"spend an afternoon"
in 34 reviews
"chocolate chip cookies"
in 17 reviews
"donuts"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Judy, our guide, is a native of Philly and shared fun facts of the city along with the wonderful food of the region at local neighborhood eateries. Loved the tomato pie, and I now know why the Philly cheese steak sandwich is so loved, made a believer of me! YUM! and don't forget the cheese fries. On to dessert; soft pretzel, chocolate covered pretzel and cookies in a great indoor market place with a large variety of local venders.
Be sure to book your food tour with City Food Tour early, and take it early in your visit so you can learn where the locals eat that won't be full of tourist.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I found this tour online and thought it would be something fun that I could do with my dad. We had a great time! We had the opportunity to taste some great beers and we fell in love with the Boucheron goat cheese. Eric was full of interesting facts about both the beer and the cheese. Dad and I had a great time and I have already recommended the tasting to a few of my friends. I plan on looking into some of the other food tours as well.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I visited Philadelphia this weekend for an impromptu getaway. We spent a few hours on Saturday on the City Food Tour. Christine, our guide, was fantastic! She is a local young lady that definitely knows the city...and her food :). We enjoyed tomato pie, a soft pretzel, a cheesesteak, cheese fries, chocolate covered pretzels and a delicious cookie! You should go hungry as this is a lot of food. We visit Philadelphia a few times each year and this was by far, the most enjoyable tour we have taken yet. Not only was the food great, we learned so much from Christine about the city -- She is truly as asset to the tour! We will definitely check out your other tours. Why not get a group together and enjoy this tour with some friends? I highly recommend it.