“The Independent is a sure bet!”
Review of The Independent

The Independent
Ranked #38 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 3, 2011

My stay was a wonderful experience... The staff was exceptional the rooms are charming with nice decor and comfortable furnishings. The location was perfect allowing for a quick 15 minute walk in the morning to the convention center straight down 12th street. The complimentary Breakfast in and access to the 12th street Gym made this a perfect Philly business experience for me...

Thanks to the entire Staff for a great stay :-)

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
IndependentHotel, General Manager at The Independent, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

Thank you for your such wonderful feedback about your stay at The Independent. We really appreciate when our guests acknowledge our staffs service since it's paramount to our success as a Boutique Hotel. We realize that you could choose any hotel for your stay in Philadelphia but find it most rewarding when we've created the experience that you look for as a business traveler. We look forward to seeing you back again at The Independent Hotel on your next trip to Philadelphia!

Reviewed February 2, 2011

We were pleasanly surprised by the unique feel and warm hospitality of the Independent. The staff was superb and the quality and cleanliness of the property was outstanding. A nice touch was the hand delivered complimentary continental breakfast that you could choose the night before. We thouroughly enjoyed our time at the Independent!

Reviewed February 1, 2011

Because of weather I arrived late and I received a very warm welcome as well as the ability to upgrade to a larger room with no additional charge!! My room was to the back of the building with no one else on our floor. it was so quiet it was hard to believe we were in the city!! The business center was across the hall and computer worked great. Even with the bad weather we were able to walk just about everywhere we needed to go or a taxi was easy to get right in front. I can't wait till my next stay at my favorite hotel in Philadelphia!!

Reviewed February 1, 2011

The charm of this boutique hotel is un-comparable. The staff is sincere, detailed and accommodated any request and offer several suggestions of the Philadelphia area. This is my 3rd time staying at the Independent and I have recommended to several friends. Every room is a bit different with consistent charm of a fantastic boutique hotel. There is affordable parking literally across the street. (not easy to find in the city) But you don't need a car, the hotel is within walking distance of amazing restaurants, great boutiques/shopping and the convention center is the perfect distance for a great walk thru the city. Every time I stay, I uncover another fantastic "find" around the corner that becomes a must do when I visit Philly!

Reviewed February 1, 2011

What a hidden gem in the heart of it all. The rooms are amazing and my clients raved about this hotel. I'm in the hospitality industry and travel significantly for work. I would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
IndependentHotel, General Manager at The Independent, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Thank you for choosing the The Independent on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Philadelphia.

We strive to exceed our guest expectations by providing the right room, the right technology and the right service to make every stay relaxing, enjoyable and filled with positive experiences.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to being of service during your next visit at The Independent!

Reviewed February 1, 2011

It was the perfect getaway for a weekend in the city. Great service and my room was posh yet comfortable!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 27, 2011

This boutique hotel needs to raise it's standards. We only stayed 2 nights. The first night was ok, the hotel is in a great area, the employees are polite, and the bed is comfortable. However, the second night we were unable to sleep because of the non-stop party across the hall that was held from 10:30 pm - 8:30 am the next morning. Upon two calls to the desk nothing was done about the situation. I was asked if I wanted to move rooms, but I didn’t feel I should have pack at 2:30 am? The party should have been refunded their money and asked to leave or moved to a lesser occupied area of the hotel. I was told the next morning that the people who checked-in across the hall had friends over? That was my apology and explanation for losing a night’s sleep. Other minor things, the room is awkward (small shower, faucet drain problem), the wine & cheese reception is not really accommodating (there is no place to sit with your drink and plate if there if there is more than 2 people), the breakfast is basically a checklist of items you could pick up at 7’11 and dropped in a basket outside your door, don’t bother....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asuroiu

Thank you for choosing The Independent on your recent visit to Philadelphia. We appreciate your business and value your time in posting this review.

After reading your recent post I was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I was disappointed to hear about the problems from your second night. I can assure you that we strive for a level of service and style that best fits our guests. Our proven track record which is reflected in our online guest reviews reinforces our high standards. I do apologize that the resolution we offered to you wasn't satisfactory as we didn't receive any other guest complaints that evening. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern. We do take our guests complaints/concerns with urgency to correct and will always find the best resolution for all parties involved.