Stayed on a monday night, and had the 4th floor. I couldn't have enjoyed my stay any better. I checked in to a friendly staff member who was expecting me, had my registration ready, and even invited me back down for wine and cheese open to the guests. I was expecting a small room, but found one of the nicest rooms ever. I had the entire fourth floor to myself, and when I opened the door...amazing. Wood floors, sofa, HD Direct Tv, beautiful bathroom...and a california King bed to die for. I know other reviews said it was noisy, but I found the hotel quite as can be, and the comfort more than pleasing...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia