We stayed here for just one night in May, wished it had been longer. Philadelphia has a lot to offer, and this is a lovely hotel. The room was a good size, with a large bathroom and timber floors. The bed was very comfortable, there was a desk in the room and free Wifi as well. The room had a warm, country feel to it and was very quiet. A light breakfast was delivered to our door, they suggest a range of times but will accommodate you outside of those times as well. There was coffee and tea available in the lobby all day along with newspapers. It is a flat 10-15 minute walk to Independence Hall etc, and there was a subway station close by but we didnt use it. I would highly recommend this hotel and Philadelphia as a place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia