I found this hotel on-line and read all the reviews and then decided to book the hotel for the weekend. What a great decision!! I really enjoyed my stay. The location was perfect. I was within walking distance of many sites, metro stops and cabs were plentiful. There were tons of restaurants to choose from and the atmosphere was colorful and eclectic. The staff of the hotel was friendly and extremely helpful. My room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and will reccommened it to others. A wonderful place and fairly reasonalble price for Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia