This is a really nice hotel with an exceptionally friendly and accomodating staff. They have set things up to really put the guests' comfort front and center. The rooms were nice, the beds comfortable, and it doesn't have the cookie-cutter big city hotel feel or the falling apart boutique feel.
The location is a little loud and there are little things in the rooms that could be fixed up (crack in the paint, for example) but overall would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia