I absolutely loved this hotel, the rooms are gigantic and well furnished and the staff are very friendly. I have stayed in single rooms in some UK hotels that were the same size as the bathroom here !!! There is a real ambience of cultured charm and it is impeccably furnished and decorated. The location is perfect for exploring Philadelphia too and surrounded by lots of great night life. They bring a small basket of breakfast good to you, orange juice, muffins, that kind of thing and its included in the price.
My only small negative, I dropped something the rolled under the bed and it was filthy down there, really the whole room was absolutely sparkling clean and never would have noticed this except for the need to lie on the floor and look.
Overall an absolutely fantastic place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia