This is really a nice hotel - the rooms are clean and beautifully furnished (we loved the hardwood floor!) and the staff is very friendly and gives the place a nice atmosphere. We especially enjoyed the huge painting of the city hall tower in the lobby. Plus, its location is superb! Almost directly on Broad St. and most sights are only an easy stroll away. Moreover it's located directly in front of a subway stop!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia