I used to live in Philadelphia and remember when this hotel had opened ten or so years ago under another name. I was there one night last week for business and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly. The hotel is sparkling clean. My third floor room was enormous, with a very, very comfortable bed,a double-headed shower with great water pressure and temperature in an equally spacious bathroom. I actually wanted just to hang out in my room, it was so comfortable. I got an amazing price deal, but I would happily have paid much more for the comfort and pleasurable experience. I was so pleased to know this hotel exists. I will definitely stay there again next time. It's also very convenient for Washington Square West neighborhood/13th Street Corridor/Walnut Street. Quite a surprise and a good one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia