The Independent Hotel
$146
Kimpton
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$109
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$159
Westin.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

$132
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$169
$152
$160
  • Free Internet
$139
$125
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

• Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast deliveredqueen lofthardwood floorscontinental breakfastlocust streetyogurtexposed brickgreat boutiquestreet noiseeach morningwithin walking distanceshower stallsmall hotelreception arealarge bathroomkimmel centercenter city
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Independent is a quaint, small hotel just walking distance from many of the historical attractions, shopping, and great restaurants. The staff was very friendly and courteous, and the complimentary breakfast delivered to our doors each morning was a treat. I especially like that there were hardwood floors. They make it very easy to see how well the room has been cleaned. Our room was spacious and very well kept. The bed was extremely comfortable and the free wifi was an added bonus. The view from our room overlooked one of the Philadelphia murals and we were able to watch the painter each morning create her work of art. We would definitely stay here again. The price, the service, the accommodations, and the location was well worth it.

1  Thank Duncan19_88
Emily K, General Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Duncan19_88,

Thank you for choosing the The Independent on your recent visit and for commenting on your recent stay.

I had a chance to review the comment that you recently posted, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. I am also happy to hear that your found the cleanliness of your room to meet your expectations. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that if you are in need of a guest room, we will remain your hotel of choice.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised at how large and well appointed our King room was. It definitely exceeded our expectations. We would definitely stay here again when visiting Philadelphia. We lucked out and got a corner room so I'm not sure if that meant we had more windows or space, but it definitely was a great room.

1  Thank Dave D

Dear Dave D,

I am happy to hear that you were impressed by your room. I am also glad to hear that you loved the location, we are very proud to be a part of the Midtown Village. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff were helpful and friendly, room was very nice, complimentary breakfast in the morning was good. The hotel is directly above a subway stop for ease of access. Staff offered assistance with bags and travel arrangements. Will always stay at the Independent when I'm in Phillly.

Dear Spin155,

I had a chance to review the comment that you recently posted, and I was proud to read the notes you left about our staff. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I loved this hotel. From the huge room, to the consistently attentive service, to the incredible location (and value), it was a very enjoyable stay. First, the location. The hotel is at 13th st and Locust St, which makes it a 5 minute walk to a multitude of restaurants (along 13th street, and along Locust and Walnut streets; favorites were The Corner restaurant and Caribou-French bistro on Walnut)), as well as a 5-10 minute walk to Rittenhouse square (shops, restaurants, Rittenhouse Park), and a 15 minute to Independence Mall historical area. The desk staff were put to the test by the fact that we had a malfunctioning TV in our room. Nick and Eric tried absolutely everything to accommodate us, including letting us watch TV in other hotel rooms on 2 separate nights! (we would not usually be this obsessed with watching TV, but we are from Boston, and the Marathon bombings occurred the first day we were here). Ultimately, they gave us a generous adjustment on our bill without being asked. Apparently, the plan is to replace all of their cable boxes very soon, but do make sure your TV works before you settle into your room! Julie, another front desk person, was equally accommodating of all of our needs. Clearly, the culture is to truly do everything possible to make the customers' stay enjoyable. A note about the breakfast which is included. Nice is that it is delivered to your room in the morning (you mark a card the night before with choices and a time). However, it is a fairly limited Continental breakfast menu, a boxed breakfast that is DIY (e.g. oatmeal that you need to microwave, yogurts, and the only bread/pastry choice is a croissant). Convenient if your trying to head out in a hurry, but we did end up just eating at Green Eggs cafe down the street, which is scrumptious! Parking was included because we printed out the coupon from the Tripadvisor link. Also liked the decor, the "living room" feel of the lobby. Will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: I don't know if all of the rooms that end in "05" are this large, but ours was huge. We did get to sample an "01" and an "02" room in our TV travels, and they were not nearly as large.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank travelswithteens

Dear travelswithteens,

I am sorry to hear that you had TV issues during your stay, but I am very happy to hear that the issues was resolved to your expectionas. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Independent is a comfortable, cozy hotel in a very central location. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are a good size, and it's great to get breakfast delivered to your room. I walked everywhere during my three days in Philadelphia (theatres, museums, etc.). This was my second stay at The Independent, and I was just as happy with it as I was the first time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Madeline A,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us as much as your first. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.