I stayed here 8 nights with my girlfriend. The hotel is convenient to both the historical sites and the theater district. The room was very nice, the staff was friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Hotel security was excellent. I liked the 24/7 complimentary tea, coffee, beverage bar in the lobby. Very comfortable beds...a very "cozy" hotel. Even though it's very bustling on Friday and Saturday nights in the area, the rooms are quiet and filter out the noise. I live in Las Vegas so I know what a good hotel property is.....The Independent is a well-managed property and is simply a great place to stay. Staff is very customer-centric.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia