The Independent Hotel was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We never had the feeling of being nickel-and-dime'd, yet they took care of almost everything... They offer free wifi, coffee, tea, water, newspaper and wine/cheese in the evenings. Free breakfast delivered to the room (Breakfast was nothing fancy, but it was just what we wanted.). Parking was easy and cheaper than most parking in Center City. The location is right in the middle of Center City... we could walk to just about everywhere.
Most importantly, the staff is polite, helpful, and keeps the place clean.
I definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia