What’s not to love about this hotel. Choice of two parking lots, both $15 (get ticket validated). Mon-Thurs evening complimentary wine (not out of the box, either) and cheese. Beautiful room, we were on 5th floor and heard nothing. Small alcove with microwave, fridge and coffee. A light continental breakfast is delivered to your room, you order the night before and put the order on the doorknob before 10 p.m. Only negative was that awful pod coffee maker, tasted like colored hot water. However, there’s excellent coffee available in the reception area. We walked everywhere, including South Street to see the incredible mosaics. Staff not stuck behind a counter, just a desk in the reception area and they went out of their way to be helpful. We hope to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia