“Outstanding Beers”

Philadelphia Brewery Tour
Ranked #62 of 435 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our roots lie in British inspired ales. We strive to achieve balance and subtlety through careful selection of ingredients and an unwavering commitment to artisanal production practices. Our humble beginnings taught us to take our craft seriously but not ourselves, and instilled in us a strong desire to be a positive force in the communities we serve. If you are familiar with us and have raised a pint of Yards in the past two decades, we sincerely thank you for your support. If you are new to Yards, please take a few minutes to discover who we are, what we brew, and how you can join our effort to solve the world's problems one great beer at a time.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Wilmington, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Outstanding Beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you are looking for excellent beer, try this brewery. It is a brewery and the décor is rugged but the service and beer are great.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dick J

Lake Mary, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Brewpub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The staff is great, the beers are amazing (especially the casks and bourbon "mixes"), and they have shuffleboard! I didn't get to try the food, but everything I saw being served looked great. I will definitely stop back when I'm in town again.

Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Brewery Tour in Philly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I visited Philadelphia for a friends wedding and spend the following day touring the city. Yards was a highlight. While food is not served in the brewery, there was a food truck outside. Inside the atmosphere was great and the beer choices were also very good.

Reading PA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Excellent brewpub, great people!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Visited on Friday October 18th 2pm. Walked in and sat down at the bar, immediately served. Tried a variety of beers that were all pretty good. The server explained them all to us and offered to mix and match, which was nice. This place is very clean and organized and the staff is very friendly. None of the beers here were something I would come back for, but overall a great place to try something new! If you are in the area and like beer, check this place out.

Charlottesville, Virginia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A must stop for beer nuts going through Philly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Convenient location right off 95 going by Philly!

This is what I expect of a brewery when I'm thinking craft beer. Very rustic and funky inside. I had time for one flight and has the Beers of the Revolution and they were fantastic. My favorite of the 4 was Poor Richard's Spruce. Not a good tasting beer by name alone but it was done extremely well.

I stopped in on a Thursday so didn't take the tour, which is offered on weekends and didn't have lunch although their small list of offerings smelled very good!

I definitely hope to go back next time I'm in Philly!