“Adventurous”
Review of Zahav

Zahav
Reserve with OpenTable
Zahav is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Dock Street at Walnut (Between 2nd & 3rd)
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Adventurous”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Decided to go on a new taste adventure since I'm not familiar with middle eastern food beyond gyros, döner kebap, and hummus. The spice palette is unexpected and pleasant. On my own I had the salad/hummus combo to start, one coal grilled item, dessert and a beer. This was already too much food even though the portions are more like tapas. I saved about half of everything to have for lunch the next day and not feel overly gross full. Hopefully they didn't take that as me not liking the food as I noticed they comped my dessert at the end of the meal! A nice touch indeed! There is definitely plenty to choose from here even for the pickiest of eaters and a fair amount of vegetarian friendly foods too.

The only concern I really had was that the hostess looked almost put off when I answered no I did not have a reservation it was just me, table for one and she looked around and said well the bar is open and full menu. It was Monday night they were never slam packed the entire time I was there so it was unfortunate I had to juggle all the small plate foods on a small high-top table in the bar because I was dining alone. Frankly I was on business so I might have been inclined to spend more if I were seated at a proper table.

Visited December 2012

• Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Unexpected Perfection”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

When i saw how highly other travlers had rated this bistro i was a little skeptical. Since it was right across from my hotel i decided to give it a try. I'm usually am not a big fan of this type of food but i have now changed my mind. Folks on Trip advisor have this one right. The small dish format allows you to try a variety of dishes. Each and every one of them were outstanding.
The staff exceeded all expectations. I have been around the business a little and know a well ran business when i see one. If you want to see how it should be done, do yourself a favor and check it out.

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have dined here on serveral occasions and the food is consistently good; boardering on excellent. The food is very unique, Middel Eastern Cuisine and very authentic. The servers are knowledgeable in describing the dishes. The only negative is the portions are very small, other than the hummus and it takes a lot of these small plates to fill up, which can get expensive.

Visited November 2012
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
“Middle Eastern delicious”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Middle Eastern delicious
Great atmosphere. Try Humus special selection at the bar with drinks before a movie. Special small plates were all unique and great.

Visited February 2012
Summit, New Jersey
“Middle Eastern food with exclamation mark”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The food is based on Israeli/Middle Eastern flavors; however, they have added some dishes like duck heart and lamb tartare. We ordered the prix fix menu which allowed each of us to pick several different dishes. So, two of us got to sample most of the menu. The cold appetizer were typical middle eastern. It got more adventurous with hot appetizers and entrees. Nice location, atmosphere, service, and overall good food.

• Visited November 2012