“Nice trip to south philly”
Review of Las Bugambilias

Las Bugambilias
Ranked #376 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Description: Welcome to Las Bugambilias, a traditional Mexican restaurant located on South Street in Philadelphia. As chef and owner of this center city Philadelphia restaurant, Carlos Molina offers high quality, freshly prepared, Mexican food from three different regions in Mexico. The desserts at Bugambilias' are homemade on the premises, and we offer a full service bar, with an imaginative array of margaritas for your pleasure. When you come inside you will enjoy the warm ambiance found in our traditional decor, and welcoming staff.
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

On a walk my friends and I we stopped in.... great food and drinks... make sure to ask for a drink from the bartender in their special glasses

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We arrived to an almost empty restaurant and got a table straight away, it was a Sunday night after all. The service was great throughout and the food was delicious. We only had mains but got complimentary chips with 2 lovely salsas free. The style of food is more in keeping with proper Mexican than Tex-Mex, but was full of flavour and texture and I would heartily recommend it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food here is delicious. For an appetizer I recommend the Queso, I can't get enough of it! The chips and salsa they bring to the table is delicious as well, but I can't pass up the Queso! I have had both the Chiles Rellenos and the Enchilada's and both were wonderful. The margaritas are strong and tasty! A must visit if you are craving Mexican food while in Philly. You will need a reservation as this gets crowded and is a small restaurant. You will be very close to whoever you are sitting next to!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I had our 9th anniversary dinner here. We were here once before and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and meal. I had a wonderful chicken dish wrapped in bacon last time and returned for the same dish. I thought about this dish all day until I ordered it at the restaurant that night. The wait staff is friendly and helpful for recommending a dish. Meals are prepared as ordered NOT is mass quantities. You can be sure all ingredients are fresh and delicious. We will continue to go to this restaurant for authentic mexican dishes.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Wife and i come here all the time. We love it. Its always fresh, authentic and delicious. 5 stars - a must try