“Academy of Music is a beautiful structure, inside & outside, perfect acoustics.”
Review of Academy of Music

$32.00*
City Sightseeing Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #70 of 445 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Philly Pops.
Shamong, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Academy of Music is gorgeous perfection! The perfect venue for the Arts! The outside architecture is beautiful,but the inside is spectacular! The renovation project wasa huge success. The main chandelier is perfection and the acoustics are noted as some of the best in the world. My favorite venue for anything musical-Opera, Ballet, Theatre, Orchestra, Popular music. I have visted many venues for many different types of entertainment in NYC California and Europe. The Academy of Music in Philadelphia PA is, in my opinion, the most beautiful and the best. Make it a point to enjoy this glorious jewel of a place.

Visited April 2014

New York City, New York
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Elegance & The Arts Meet”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I absolutely love the Academy of Music. I am always stoked when I buy tickets to an event I want to see and it is scheduled to be there. I have been here many times and have seen countless Pennsylvania Ballet performances, operas, concerts, comedy acts, etc. It's one of the historic gems of the city.

The interior is so intricately elegant: the red velvet drapery and the way they drape across certain areas, the red carpet and the red velvet chairs, the gilded surfaces, the painted ceiling and the huge chandelier. I truly feel like I stepped back in time when I am there.

The seating can be a little tight, but not so tight that it would prevent me from returning. I almost always sit in the box seats; you can move the chairs and have a little bit more leg room and breathing space.

I love just about everything except that you are not allowed to bring any of the food or beverages into the concert hall that they sell during intermission. They keep a hawk eye out for that so you better eat or drink fast :)

Visited May 2014
Abington, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I've been here several times and always love it . I recently took my 6 year old to see coppelia and she was convinced the inside was a castle :) it truly is beautiful , and I was so happy to see it through her eyes . The shows here Arek always top notch . I plan to revisit again don .

Silver Spring, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An impressive setting”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

A beautiful theatre, very spacious, with excellent acoustics. We saw the 25th Anniversary National Tour of "Phantom of the Opera" there (we went because our son, a professional actor, is in the cast) with excellent seats close to the stage, but nonetheless, a little cramped with smaller leg room than I've seen in other older theaters, such as the AFI Silver Theatre in Silver Spring, MD. Nonetheless, the experience of being there is impressive.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Beautiful place....be careful of the seats you choose!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

So I have seen several shows at the Academy of Music. I learned the hard way that not all seats have a good view! I now only purchase seats that are in the floor or on the first level because other wise the views aren't that great. The academy of Arts is a beautiful building...but don't waste your money on any seats from the higher levels or side levels, pay the extra money for seats on the floor!

1 Thank Charel C