“Wonderful "Wicked"”

and up
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
Ranked #68 of 443 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Philly Pops.
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful "Wicked"”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Although I work within walking distance of the Academy of Music, I'd never gone in before this weekend, to see the fantastic touring production of "Wicked" (with Laurel Harris as Elphaba -- a truly magnificent performance). The building is a beautiful old theater, a truly majestic setting for great theater. My only complaint was the railing in the "family circle" seating section partially obstructed our view, a fact I wasn't made aware of when selecting seats. Still, the production itself was great, and this theatrical palace is truly a must-see.

Reading, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Historic location for Broadway show in Philadelphia”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We visited the Academy this week to see Wicked. We love this old theater. The view from the amphitheater is good and very affordable. The steps are a little tough to navigate but we would not hesitate to go back anytime.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very impressed”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Admittedly, i go to more concerts than i do shows, but i took my wife here to see Wicked, and i couldn't have been more impressed

Philadelphia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great architecture”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just awesome venue for concerts & Broadway musicals. Recently, we saw the show "Wicked" which was wickedly beautifully performed. A great place to visit when in Philly. And don't forget to look up - such marvelous ceiling! Tickets are pricey, but at a comparable rate. Well worth it.

Boston, MA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Place!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just saw "Wicked" there on July 11th! Show was terrific & the place was great. Despite the column next to my knee (which I was aware would be near me when I purchased the ticket), I could see great! Loved the place!