“Beautiful concert hall”

$32.00*
City Sightseeing Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #70 of 462 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Philly Pops.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went to a ballet event, and after being there, I was even more sorry to know that my trip took me to Philly just two days after Rascal Flatts performed there. It's a magnificent hall, worth putting on your finery for so you feel at home there! They appear to host many kinds of art performances; so pick one and go. I did not rate it a 5 only because there are some columns that are definitely not in a good place - so look at a seating chart and pay careful attention to where you are sitting (at least on the main floor).

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This must be among the loveliest concert halls in the world. We went to see a ballet there and, due to some good luck, were able to go backstage and onstage after the performance. Looking out on the historic tiers of seats was thrilling, and brought to mind La Scala (Milan) and the Palau de la Musica (Barcelona)...two of the other great concert halls.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We saw the Rascals here just this past Saturday. I am probably dating myself by writing this review, but think I may be one of the youngest audience member for the Rascals.

In any event, it was a beautiful, old fashioned venue."Gi-nor-mous" chandeliers and lots of sculptures and "fancy, schmancy" chairs, etc... although, like most big venues, everyone is packed in pretty tightly.

We had balcony seats and had no problem seeing the stage and the performers. Had any of us needed to get up during the concert, we couldn't have done so without some navigating...but that is par for the course in any big venue. Beer, wine, mixed drinks, soft drinks, water and candy are available for purchase. Prices you would expect. No bargains, but nothing outrageous.

After the show, ladies' room line was out the door, to the point the our friend opened the door and shouted in to make sure his wife hadn't been abducted, swept off to sea, etc.

Overall, a nice venue. I would definitely return!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Entering the venue is like stepping back in time. BRAVO! to the Academy and their supporters for preserving such a beautiful theater over the years. Looking forward to another program.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We ty,took our grandson to see the Adams Family last march. I have always loved the academy and have attended many shows over the years. Although I do not like to go into the city, they offer shows that I can only see there,